June 8, 2011 at 4:02 pm #132323
We all know that service agencies and leaders are facing many challenges in today’s public sector. Innovation has been proven to be a key change agent when facing these obstacles. This not only applies in the United States, but around the world.
Canada has a reputation for being a model for great public service. Deloitte recently partnered with The Public Policy Forum (PPF) to dig deep into the minds of public sector leaders and discuss the challenges facing Canada’s public service and how these leaders are addressing these challenges by way of innovation.
I found the key findings in the report to be very interesting. From the report, it is clear that the following changes should be made in the public sector:
1. There need to be more venues out there which allow senior leaders to be open about the challenges they face. This will prove why innovation is so crucial.
2. It is important to recognize the need for innovation in order to make a substantial plan of execution for innovation.
3. Innovation should be implemented into long term planning strategies.
4. Innovation needs to be created through collaboration across silos.
5. A priority to attract and develop innovation leaders must exist at all levels across the public sector.
What would you change?
Deloitte’s full report can be found here.
Deloitte’s Global Public Sector plays an important role in Deloitte by providing a full range of services including audit and enterprise risk, consulting, tax, and financial advisory, to bring an informed, 360-degree perspective to each public sector project it undertakes. It’s mission is to help governments serve the 21st century citizen by applying best practices in strategy, scenario planning, operations improvement, technology integration, and human capital. Deloitte is a proud supporter of GovLoop. Check out Deloitte on Twitter and Facebook.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.