How Do You Celebrate Friday?

Home Forums Acquisitions How Do You Celebrate Friday?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Krzmarzick 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

It's Friday...the weekend is near.

If you are in Twitter, you may celebrate by participating in #FollowFriday
    What do you do in your office or with your friends to celebrate Friday?
    Special lunch? Coffee? Fun meeting? Work from home? Dance party?

I just usually take the day off, Steve...oh wait, I shouldn't admit that to my boss. 🙂

Seriously, I typically try to work in a unique environment, like my back porch. In fact, I'm moving out there in a minute.

Amazingly, I actually find that Friday is often my MOST productive day of the week. I just feel a surge of energy and crank away, especially in the afternoon. Strange? Wondering if this happens with others...

Alycia Piazza
    Participant

Jeans - Sushi - and wine (after work of course) 🙂 - I agree with Andrew, I get A LOT done on Friday - I think it is because I always want to start the week clear of clutter!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

My ideal Friday...no conference calls. Actually get stuff done

Bill Brantley
    Participant

I treated myself to a nice breakfast at Corner Bakery. Start the day off right. 🙂

Daniel Honker
    Participant

I went for a run in Rock Creek Park, followed by a bagel with smoked salmon from Seattle. First part might not sound like fun, but it's the only way to dissuade my body from the "relax, it's almost the weekend" slide...

Marco Morales
    Participant

In anticipation of all the NCAA football games on TV the next day, I usually get a pretty good burst of energy, as well. Fridays just seems to kick up the endorphins suppressing all feeling from having to do real work in a subliminal sense ...

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

Friday lunch is always at the best Italian restaurant in our area, Stellato's!!

My husband and I decided early in our marriage that Fridays would always be our "date night"...so we always try to go out to dinner, just him and I, to wind down from the week and enjoy each others company. It's been a nice tradition for us and one we try not to miss or put off.

Jennifer Snarski
    Participant

Every other Friday is French Toast Friday. I take it off, sleep in and make French toast. Then I take care of all my errands so I can have the weekend free for more serious stuff like backpacking, lodge trips, ceili dancing, etc. By Monday I feel totally great and can't remember anything that happened the week before!

Kathleen Smith
    Participant

Well when it is a Friday and a full moon - big bonfire in the backyard like tonight! Awhile ago I tried to start Pay It Forward Friday similar to #FollowFriday on Twitter but on LinkedIn and reminding folks to "recommend" someone on LinkedIn.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

love it!

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

Sounds great!! My best friend's kids and mine love to get together and do a big fire in the backyard on cool evenings!

Lynn Doane
    Participant

I pick my son up from after school care and we go to dinner - Absolutely no cooking on Fridays!

Alycia Piazza
    Participant

That is cool - you should try to start that again - it is definitely something I need motivation to do 🙂

Heather Coleman
    Participant

Jeans and lunch out with some cool co-workers. We're also going to have our second annual Pancake and Bacon Breakfast on Black Friday for those that venture in.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I second that...no cooking Fridays.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.