How do you effectively manage stress?

Home Forums Human Resources How do you effectively manage stress?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Elliot Volkman 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Whew! It is that time of the year — at least, it is for me! Between reading for grad school, completing projects for grad school, reading for work, completing projects for work, and trying to manage my social life, I am tired!

Spring brings great weather — but it also seems to always bring some added stress. March and April often feel like particularly busy months for me. I am not sure why, but there you have it!

Don’t get me wrong! I love being busy — but life can get overwhelming sometimes and it is only natural to feel stressed out.

I have started upping my trips to the gym. I find a 30 minute on the elliptical can help me clear my head and keep those extra pounds at bay. Once the pool around the corner opens, I plan to visit it regularly for a swim, as well.

What about you? How do you manage your stress in a healthy way?

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

While working remote I will take a five or 10 minute break away from the computer. Usually that means playing with the dogs outside. If I’m in the office I will just hit the stairs and get my blood flowing again. We also have an excellent break room with an air hockey table that also did wonders for distracting us.

Corey McCarren
    Participant

Running is definitely what I do to de-stress. And a snack pack during the Colbert Report is how I end my day every day haha

Just did a Google search to see how this topic has been covered on GovLoop in the past:

https://www.google.com/search?ix=sea&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=govloop+and+stress

I think people are stressed… 🙂 Maybe reading some of those articles and commiserating here will help!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.