How do you feel about work on Monday mornings?

Home Forums Miscellaneous How do you feel about work on Monday mornings?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Stephanie Slade 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Kanika Tolver
    Participant

People crack me up with their Monday morning emotions and facial expressions.

How do you feel when you get up Monday morning and arrive at work?

Corporate Rebel (me): Some Monday mornings, I feel blessed to have a job. But, other Monday mornings I feel like shooting myself. I am searching for the job that I will just run to everyday with a smile on my face. The only job that will make me happy is becoming a “Career Dropout”. So for now I am working and following my dreams and passions. As a “Career Dropout” I want to be a author, radio host, television show producer, etc. I want to help others in areas of finding their passion, developing social skills, and developing concrete life skills (managing their money, career, etc.).

Utilize the career to leverage the dream. – Kanika Tolver

Check out my blog: Career Dropout: http://careerdropout.com

Follow me on twitter at CareerDropout

Stephanie Slade
    Participant

How I feel on Mondays depends on how I spent my weekend. And more and more I’m finding when I stay home, read a book and generally take care of myself (rather than chasing my friends around the city), the happier I am. I think this means I’m getting old.

Kanika Tolver
    Participant

I agree!

Anonymous

@stephanie, It means you are grounded. Good for you.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Good point – I think a good Sunday is key to a good Monday

Wendell Black
    Participant

@stephanie: Sounds like most of my weekends. :o) But I have to agree, depending on how I spend my weekend will determine how my Monday will turn out…and the rest of the week.

Jay Johnson
    Participant

I agree with everyone else. Depending on my weekend, Monday may come as a peaceful blessing. 😉

When others ask, “How was your weekend?” I almost always reply: “Too short, but what can you do?”

I enjoy my work, but is doesn’t define who I am. I’ve let go of seeking balance in my life. At this stage of my career with so many of my goals achieved and others still in process; it’s about harmony – not balance.

Regardless of how I physically feel on a Monday morning, in my heart I’m always grateful to be an employee of the federal government and a public servant. With so much trauma happening with our economy and political system; as a federal employee I feel that in some way… I’m one small part of the larger solution.

Carol Davison
    Participant

I jump out of bed, race walk my 9 year old Siberian Husky, nap on the train and spring into the office. En route I give the homeless man a dollar to validate him as a human being and thank GOD! I have emotional and mental health, loved ones to care for me if I didn’t, a job, medical benefits and a pension when so many others don’t AND I GET TO WORK FOR THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! Could life get any better?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.