How Do You Recharge?

Home Forums Acquisitions How Do You Recharge?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Deb Green 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Lauren Modeen
    Participant

Last night I went around plugging in all my electronics in case Irene knocks everything out! As I went around, I thought to myself: what charges my inner batteries? For me it’s taking a walk, going for a run, looking at old photos, listening to music, talking to a best friend on the phone…

What charges your inner batteries?

Deb Green
    Participant

Good question! Personally, I go camping or go somewhere where there is NO cell or wireless signal. Biggest concern is “Will it rain?” It’s not a break if I’m not unplugged, literally.

Deborah Kay
    Participant

When I telework, taking that opportunity to spend just 5-10 minutes playing with my pets: Jaxon and Dexter (two loving, beautiful black male cats!). No coulda-shoulda-wouldas, take that opportunity!

Being alone for at least one hour: sitting on my deck outside: taking it all in, read a few pages from a good book–something with a sense of humor or just totally refreshing, dancing to a favorite song when no one is looking.

Laughing until I cry. Sharing that laugh with someone you enjoy–or love.

Gym, internet surfing and Govloop. Not necessarily in that order 🙂

Brett de Boisserre
    Participant

Laughing heals my stress! I try to catch a stand-up comic or two on OnDemand and catch a comedy show on the weekend with my wife. It definitely clears my mind.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

Volunteering to serve others or donating to others recharges my batteries and energizes me. I also like to work out at lunch to recharge my batteries. Also, like Deborah, I take the dog for a walk while I’m teleworking. In fact, teleworking is also where I’m most creative and energized.

Anonymous

I exercise routinely.

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

Generally I like to go for a sprint… that or play video games /nerd.

Kanika Tolver
    Participant

I do a 1500 calorie workouts and take mini naps.

Joe Williams
    Participant

Going for a run first, followed by photographing landscapes, especially during the blue hour.

Lauren Modeen
    Participant

@Joe: what is the blue hour? Right before the sun sets?

Lauren Modeen
    Participant

@Deb: I completely agree. I make it a point to unplug completely at least once a year for a couple of day. Otherwise, I have a slow burnout over the years.

Joe Williams
    Participant

The “blue hour” is the period of twilight each morning and evening where there is neither full daylight nor full darkness. For instance, here is a photo I took last night (Aug 31) during the evening blue hour:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rikerjoe/6101460889/

Another magical time for light is the “golden hour”, which is the first and last hour of daylight. I don’t shoot as many of these yet, but here’s one from May:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rikerjoe/5773689929

Deborah Kay
    Participant

Stunning photos, excellent photography, and thanks for the lesson! I see how you recharge, Joe–nice!

Joe Williams
    Participant

Thank you kindly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.