How Do You View Online, Embedded Content from Slideshare, Issuu, etc.?

Home Forums Citizen Engagement & Customer Service How Do You View Online, Embedded Content from Slideshare, Issuu, etc.?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

In a lot of my training workshops on how to get started with social media, I recommend that organizations can get in the game a bit more quickly by converting digital newsletters to embeddable content. For instance, you can upload a department of recreation newsletter to Issuu and embed it on your web page or upload a briefing to Slideshare for sharing and viewing on a screen – often a snazzier way of seeing it than a PDF alone.

But I’m curious to know how you, personally, consume this kind of content (which offers a sense, ultimately, of how citizens view your content).

How do you primarily view online, embedded content from Slideshare, Issuu, etc.?

a. View on the page where shared.

b. Click / view on original platform where uploaded.

c. Download / view on device.

d. Download / print / view in hard copy.

e. Other (please elaborate below).

Thank you.

NOTE: Yes, in a cruel twist of irony, I attempted to embed 5 different types of polls here and none of them worked! ;-p

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Me – C.

I’m a “c” myself. I find it hard to read the actual embeds…but I do think they are a more attractive way to display and replicate content.

Patrick Fiorenza
    Participant

C and D if I need to edit / markup the text.

Pam Tremble
    Participant

A combo of C and E. I use an app called Pocket that pulls just the text from a document or webpage, saves it to my reading queue and syncs it across all my devices. Then I can read it later – either online or offline, on whatever device I happen to have with me when I have a spare few minutes.

Rob Nectan Schell
    Participant

a

Henry Brown
    Participant

C: Primarily however have been known to use A, B, and D on occassion

Sarah Young
    Participant

I don’t view it because those sites are blocked on the network. I would much rather have a simple PDF file or HTML page that I could actually read.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.