How is your agency promoting the Combined Federal Campaign?

Home Forums Miscellaneous How is your agency promoting the Combined Federal Campaign?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 8 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

GovLoop is really interested in promoting public servant generosity through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). We’d love to hear the stories of campaign managers and key workers who are doing a great job to encourage their colleagues to give to their charities of choice.

Is your agency doing something creative or innovative?

Do you have any ideas to promote giving?

We’ll be sharing your feedback with the national CFC office and coordinators.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Various contests I’ve seen-
    -raffle for lunch with head boss
    -baked goods fundraiser
    -coin wars between groups at work where each coin has different points

Bryan Quinn
    Participant

We have a gift basket raffle that is popular. Some of the other agencies on our complex have done a bbq sandwich lunch which did well this year. Another question to ask is; Is there anything an agency cannot do to raise money for CFC?

Bill Murray
    Participant

Andy, a very well-time post. I’ve attended CFC Charity Fairs at EPA, FDIC and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in the last couple weeks. My advice to govies: serve food at your CFC kickoff events!

Amanda Blount
    Participant

We do different things different years, but I have served as the head twice and both times we did; chili cook-off between offices (this is an annual event that we always do). Everyone dresses up as a theme, pays an entrance fee and let the contest begin. It gets very elaborate. Last year, the theme winner did the Pirates cove, and served Island Chili. It was very good. They don’t win money; they win a plaque and the bragging rights. Sections 3, 5, and 7, came up with MAG 357 Chili and dressed up like the old Mafia folks. Recruiting did a TN tailgate theme, and on and on.

During that day we have guess the photo (high school photos of different people), the silent auction (with donated items), games for kids who show up (tickets are .25 each), and everything and anything you can put into a 4 hour fair. We start the day at 11:00 and end everything at 3 pm.

OK, then we also had a Halloween contest. Everyone paid $5 to earn the right to wear a costume on the 30th.

Each office has individual sales on Fridays – Bake sales, and breakfast sales, candy sales, and on and on. Anything they want to do to earn money is prior approved, and the one who earns the most, earns a plaque.

We have a contest every year to vote who you would like to see cross dressed – of course we only use volunteers. The couple who earns the most money, must cross dress on the day of the cook off. NOW that is funny!! One year the couple who won – put in their own money and dressed like Sonny and Cher and actually put on a show. IT was great!!!

The years I did it, anyone who turned their forms in on the first day with a contribution earned two Krispy Kreme doughnuts (they were donated).

OH YEAH – Jeans and dress down day – $5 donation will allow you to where jeans and t-shirts on the Friday. Soldiers also get to wear whatever appropriate civilian clothes they want. And we do that for 4 Fridays. WE earned a ton of money with this one!!!

Floppy & Crazy Hat day – $1 gives you the right to wear whatever ugly, floopy, crazy hat you want. (of course appropriate words only) (the sports guys loved this day)

I could give you lot’s more ideas, but right now those are the ones that come to mind right away.

I loved being the CFC Coordinator!

Check out the photos from “DOI’s Got Talent” at Interior – an excellent example of CFC promotion!
    https://www.govloop.com/profiles/blogs/four-thumbs-up-for-interiors

Here are two more examples being posted by Combined Federal Campaign:

Peace Corps Football-Style Rally

Federal News Radio Hosts CFC Progress Report

These are great ideas! Thank you for sharing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.