How Long Does it Take to Perform XXX?

Home Forums Budgeting How Long Does it Take to Perform XXX?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Krzmarzick 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Patrick Conway
    Participant

Does anyone have an authoritative Government or DOD source (model, database, table) that defines/estimates how long it takes to perform a given function or task, which in turn is used workload and manpower requirements?

This is an excellent question! I was just talking about it with some senior execs…this would be incredibly helpful…let’s try to track it down for you.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I’ve not seen one for white collar tasks.

I’ve seen them for tasks like call centers (each call should last 5 minutes) or manual labor.

Alan Booker
    Participant

Google “Time and Motion Study” to find definitions, research, software (free test download at acsco.com). If you’re looking for a specific task, you might find it’s already been researched, otherwise, you may have to do your own analysis using methods/software found thereabouts. Not to slam the goverment, but it typically takes longer because govies usually analyze the task more to get a standardized answer which may be applied over similar task/situations, or extrapolated to be used under higher stress situations…such as on the battlefield when getting distracted by the pesky enemy attempting to compromise your position.

Carol Davison
    Participant

Patrick it sounds like the QQPRI qualitative and quantitative personnel requirements information may help you with this. These are military documents that may be held by contractors. I used these when helping the army field new weapons.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.