How to access the “Career Fair Prep Kit”?

Home Forums Careers How to access the “Career Fair Prep Kit”?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Donna Kridelbaugh
    Participant

How can someone access the “career fair prep kit” that is advertised for the GovLoop virtual career fair? I signed up for the career fair but did not see a way to obtain this information. In addition, is there a list of employers who will have exhibits at the career fair? I am a novice blogger on career development for science professionals and would like to promote the GovLoop virtual career fair to others. Thanks in advance for any help!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

You should have gotten an email with it but most have never made it there for ya.

To simplify I’ll include it below:

———

When you signed up, we promised you a “Career Fair Prep Kit.” Below is a compilation of career guides, discussions and tips that should have you and your resume ready to rock come February 28th!

• Rock Your Resume: Getting Started Guide: Did you know GovLoop has a whole section of its site dedicated to federal resumes? Here’s the best and easiest way to implement tips from that section.

We hope this compilation of guides, blogs and resources usefully in getting you ready to put your best foot forward at the GovLoop Virtual Career Fair on February 28th at 11AM EST.

Donna Kridelbaugh
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response and for all the great information! Is it okay to share some of these resources on my http://sciencementor.wordpress.com blog?

I am putting together a post on how to prepare for a virtual career fair based on my past experience with another organization’s career fair that used the same software application. I noticed that is was useful to be able to log into the career fair before the day of the event to see what employers would potentially be present, so you can research the employers. Is this employer list available for your career fair?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Perfect – feel free to share. Still finalizing the full list so that’s why delay right now.

Donna Kridelbaugh
    Participant

I finally wrote a blog post this year on my Science Mentor site with tips on preparing for a virtual career fair. Here is the link in case the information might ever be useful to your readers: http://sciencementor.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/prepping-for-a-virtual-career-fair/

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Awesome – thanks Donna!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.