How to Implement Change in Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

Home Forums Budgeting How to Implement Change in Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stephen Peteritas 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

So it looks like the government is finally going to come around on ditching the military’s don’t ask don’t tell policy. I’m totally in applause of this by the way but that’s besides the point.

The question that pops up in my mind is that is implementing the change as simple as flipping a switch and writing the change in policy? Or will the military and government have to take extra steps in how they loosen the lid on this issue?

I mean making such a change doesn’t come easily, I don’t think it’s like health care in the sense that government organizations are going to have to completely restructure to fit the new laws and provided the care called for but I don’t think lifting the gays in the military ban will come without a certain amount of steps and organizational restructuring, I’m just not exactly sure what those steps will be and how the military will choose to implement the changes.

Maybe I’m completely wrong and it is as simple as saying ok step on down. Who knows! Thoughts Welcome.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.