July 27, 2010 at 3:17 pm #106601
Job Title: Human Resource (HR) Specialist (Labor Relations/MER)
Department: Department Of The Army
Agency: Field Operating Agency of Army Staff Resourced OA-22
Job Announcement Number: WTEQ10ADVREC-0201-11LM
$57,408.00 – $74,628.00 /year
Monday, July 26, 2010 to Friday, July 30, 2010
SERIES & GRADE:
-This is a Permanent position. — Full Time
1 vacancy – TX – El Paso & Ft Bliss
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
Challenge Yourself – Be an Army Civilian – Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Civilian Human Resources Agency (CHRA), West Central Regional Director’s Ofc, Civilian Personnel Advisory Center, Fort Bliss, TX
About the Position: ** NOTE: Relocation/Recruitment bonus may be authorized.
Who May Apply: Click here for more information.
- All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
- Reinstatement eligibles.
- NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement eligibles.
- Applicants eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA)
- Veterans eligible as 30% Disabled Veterans.
- Veterans’ Recruitment Authority (VRA).
- Employment Program for People with Disabilities eligibles.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles.
- Family member employees eligible under Executive Order 12721.
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) eligibles.
- DoD Interchange Agreement eligibles.
- Defense Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration Interchange eligible.
- Eligible DCIPS employees currently under the DCIPS Interchange Agreement.
- Military spouses eligible under EO 13473.
- U.S. Citizen
Additional Duty Location Info:1 vacancy – TX – El Paso & Ft BlissYou will serve as the Labor/Management Employee Relations (MER) Specialist at the Fort Bliss Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC). Develop and recommend policies and procedures for the labor relations program. Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and other guidance. Conduct research on labor issues and provide technical advice regarding management rights and obligations. Participate in negotiation proceedings. Serve on negotiating committees formulating and presenting various collective bargaining issues and demands; prepare draft agreements; resolve disputes arising out of the bargaining process, and act as authoritative local interpreter of law, regulation. Participate with management in resolving grievances and unfair labor practice complaints arising out of negotiated agreements. Prepare pre-hearing and post hearing briefs as necessary. Provide advice on a wide variety of management-employee relations.
Qualifications and Evaluations
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Click on link below to view qualification standard.
- Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade, GS-09. Specialized experience is defined as experience with Labor and/or Management Employee Relation concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies and precedents sufficient to provide comprehensive human resources management advisory/technical services regarding Labor Relation programs, and policies. Experience conducting legal research methods, information-gathering techniques, and/or analytical skill sufficient to locate, interpret, and analyze for applicability and appropriateness, precedent and substantive decisions, and/or legal opinions that various courts and administrative bodies have rendered. Experience with negotiation procedures and techniques, advocacy, mediation, interest-based bargaining, and other non-adversarial problem solving approaches sufficient to resolve problems and advise management on appropriate interventions to resolve complex, inter-related labor relations/human resources problems and issues.
- The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management’s basic qualifications requirements, and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
- Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time in Grade Restriction.
- One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
- Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
- GS-11: One year of experience directly related to the occupation equivalent to at least the next lower grade level; or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related; or equivalent combinations of experience and education.
Click here for more information.
- Personnel security investigation required.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Applicants claiming veteran’s preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:Resumes will be evaluated for basic qualifications requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position.
Benefits and Other Info
BENEFITS:The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
- Comprehensive health and life insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Generous retirement programs
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
- Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
- Paid employment related training and education
- Possible student loan repayment
- Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
- Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
OTHER INFORMATION:Click here for more information.
- To successfully claim veteran’s preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available on http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf
- This is a Career Program Position (CP). # 10
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government interest.
Other Advantages: Ft Bliss supports approximately 15,000 troops. It is the home of the U. S. Army Air Defense Artillery School and the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, both train allied students from all over the world. It has the full scope of base support activities and a major Medical Center. Ft Bliss plays a vital role in the largest American city on a U.S. International border, El Paso, Texas. El Paso?s climate is dry/sunny with mild winters and warm summers. Web Site: https://www.bliss.army.mil/
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:Click here for more information.
- Resumes must be received by the closing date of this announcement.
- Self-nomination must be submitted by the closing date. Applicants wishing to withdraw from consideration may contact the Central Resume Processing Center at (410) 306- 0137 or [email protected].
- Resume must be on file in our centralized database.
- Announcements close at 12:00am (midnight) Eastern Time.
- You must have an ACTIVE resume with the Army Centralized Resumix database before you submit your Self-nomination. If you do not have an ACTIVE resume on file, please click here to use the Army Resume Builder to create or update your resume.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Central Resume Processing Center
Email: [email protected]
Central Resume Processing Center
314 Johnson Street
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5283
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:Once this announcement closes, candidates will be evaluated using an automated system, (Resumix) which compares your skills and experience as described in your resume with the requirements of the position. If you are found to be a highly qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. (In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.) Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official. You can view the status of announcements that you applied for through our automated response system, ANSWER, accessed through our Civilian Personnel On-Line web page.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.