July 15, 2010 at 2:19 pm #105761
Job Title: HR SPECIALIST (CLASSIFICATION/ R & P)
Department: Department Of The Army
Agency: Field Operating Office of Office of Secretary
Job Announcement Number: KOFD10266677R
$50,287.00 – $65,371.00 /year
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 to Tuesday, July 20, 2010
SERIES & GRADE:
-This is a Permanent position. — Full Time
1 vacancy – OP – Korea
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
US Citizens and Status Candidates
Challenge Yourself – Be an Army Civilian – Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Changes to the Job Announcement: Applicants who previously applied for Announcement Number KOFD10266677 need to reapply to be considered.
Deputy Chief of Staff for Pers, G1, CHRA, Far East Regional Director’s Office, Area II CPAC, Personnel Services Div, APO AP 96205-5742/Seoul, Korea
About the Position: – Working in Korea offers an opportunity to work closely with local national employees and experience the culture first hand. For additional information, visit Living in Korea at: http://cpoc-http://www.korea.army.mil/
– Special Note to NSPS Applicants: If you apply for and accept a GS position, your GS pay will be set differently than if you transition out of NSPS with your organization. If you apply for and accept a position and your pay cannot be set within the GS grade range, you will not be eligible for pay retention (unless otherwise specified in this announcement based upon movement from CONUS to OCONUS or from one OCONUS foreign area to another OCONUS foreign area). Be sure to refer to the NSPS web site (http://cpol.army.mil/library/general/nsps/docs-repeal/NSPS_Empl_Transition_Bulletin_031510.pdf) for more details on how this might affect your specific situation.
Who May Apply: Click here for more information.
- WORLD-WIDE -Current employees on family member appointments (e.g., SCH A 213.3106(b)(6)) may apply and be considered as internal candidates for merit promotion purposes.
- Amended Announcement: Applicants who previously applied for Announcement Number KOFD10266677 need to reapply to be considered.
- All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
- Current Army employees with competitive status (includes Army employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment).
- Persons with Military Spouse Preference who are in the commuting area of the place of work.
- Reinstatement eligibles.
- NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement eligibles.
- Applicants eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles.
- Applicants who are eligible for Family Member appointments on Leave Without Pay (LWOP) in the commuting area of the vacancy.
- U. S. Citizens residing in the commuting area (except ordinary residents) who are eligible for a family member appointment.
- Eligible DCIPS employees currently under the DCIPS Interchange Agreement.
- Military spouses eligible under EO 13473.
- U.S. Citizen
Additional Duty Location Info:1 vacancy – OP – KoreaYou will serve as an HR Specialist working in a CPAC , advising management on recruitment strategies, sources, and special programs, recruitment, relocation, and retention incentive programs. Provides guidance on merit system principles, prohibited personnel practices, and the development and use of valid selection criteria. Writes vacancy announcements, and produces referral lists. Provides position management and classification support to assigned organizations under various personnel systems. Provides technical advice to managers in exercising their delegated classification authority. Applies a thorough understanding of classification principles, and concepts to interpret and adapt classification standards/guides to secure sound classification on positions. Advises managers on the position classification process, the use of various classification references and automated tools. Assists with planning and implementing reorganizations.
Qualifications and Evaluations
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Click on link below to view qualification standard.
- SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Best qualified candidates for this job must show in their resume that they have training or experience in the following areas: * 1) Work that involves recruiting, examining, selecting and placing employees; performing job analysis; workforce planning and analysis; and advising management in identifying, attracting, and retaining a high-quality and diverse workforce that is capable of accomplishing the organization¿s mission. 2) Work that involves position evaluation, establishing and maintaining a position classification program to determine appropriate pay system, occupational grouping, title and grade of positions, and advising on position and organization design. * Applying HRD learning theories, principles, and methods; performing analysis and research for variety HRD initiatives; providing career counseling to employees; developing and/or amends HRD policy/ procedures and short- and long- term workforce development and training plans; identifying and developing current and future problem resolving in staffing. * Resumes will only be accepted from members of the Armed Forces who indicate on their resume that they are immediately appointable within 120 days of the closing date of the announcement. Military members may be appointed while on terminal leave, before the effective date of their military retirement.
- The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management’s basic qualifications requirements, and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
- Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time in Grade Restriction.
- One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
- Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at – http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
- GS-11: One year of experience directly related to the occupation equivalent to at least the next lower grade level; or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related; or equivalent combinations of experience and education.
Click here for more information.
- Personnel security investigation required.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You may claim Military Spouse Preference.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:Resumes will be evaluated for basic qualifications requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position.
Benefits and Other Info
BENEFITS:The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
- Comprehensive health and life insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Generous retirement programs
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
- Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
- Paid employment related training and education
- Possible student loan repayment
- Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
- Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
OTHER INFORMATION:Click here for more information.
- To successfully claim veteran’s preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available onhttp://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, athttp://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is three years.
- Candidates initially selected from the U.S. may be eligible for certain foreign area benefits.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
Other Advantages: – Standard recruitment incentives are adequate to fill this position, therefore, Separate Maintenance Allowance (SMA) will not be granted for accompanied tour area.
– Selectees initially recruited from the United States receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:Click here for more information.
- Self-nomination must be submitted by the closing date. Applicants wishing to withdraw from consideration may contact the Central Resume Processing Center at (410) 306- 0137 or [email protected].
- Resume must be on file in our centralized database.
- Announcements close at 12:00am (midnight) Eastern Time.
- You must have an ACTIVE resume with the Army Centralized Resumix database before you submit your Self-nomination. If you do not have an ACTIVE resume on file, please click here to use the Army Resume Builder to create or update your resume.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Central Resume Processing Center
Email: [email protected]
Central Resume Processing Center
314 Johnson Street
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5283
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:Once this announcement closes, candidates will be evaluated using an automated system, (Resumix) which compares your skills and experience as described in your resume with the requirements of the position. If you are found to be a highly qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. (In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.) Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official. You can view the status of announcements that you applied for through our automated response system, ANSWER, accessed through our Civilian Personnel On-Line web page.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.