I’m Thankful for ____ in Gov’t

Home Forums Miscellaneous I’m Thankful for ____ in Gov’t

This topic contains 27 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years ago.

• Author

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Yeah it’s a short Holiday week and let’s face it you’re probably already checked out mentally if not physically yet. BUT before you become completely comatose sitting on the couch with your turkey watching football (I’ll be there soon enough myself) take a second to think about what you are thankful for.

I know in my family we have to name one thing we are thankful for before we dig in Thursday afternoon. I’d like to do the same thing here on GovLoop but of course with a gov’t spin. Before you head out of the Holiday what’s one thing in government that you’re thankful for? It could really be anything, a specific public service or servant themselves, a citizen engagement app, open data… anything.

I know a lot of people gripe about gov’t just like they gripe about life but in all reality we have it good compared to most so take time and be thankful for getting live under the best government (although not perfect) in the world.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I-95 and good roads to take me north…

Gabriela Dow
    Participant

The incredibly hard-working and dedicated staffers in government — work with them every day and am amazed at how they are holding up given the added workload with constantly shrinking resources… and yet they are still focused on delivering excellent service and continuing to build quality communities, one person at a time.

THANK YOU, you all know who you are!

David A. Streat
    Participant

Stephen, I often say that although the U. S. has its share of problems, I would not want to live anywhere else in the world! I am very thankful for just being in a place where freedom is alive and well. Having retired from the military, I know freedom is not free!

Ed Powell
    Participant

Holidays and Annual Leave….

Sylvonia Poole
    Participant

for the retirement plan and medical insurance

Susan Grosenheider
    Participant

The ability to telework to my job in DC from my home in Colorado!

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

I’m thankful for the strange place called South of the Border that distracts me from how long i-95 South is. Have a great holiday!

But really – I’m thankful for the progress in Gov 2.0

Marla Dorrel
    Participant

Elected leaders who understand that democracy is not about them!

Charlene Sevier
    Participant

I’m thankful to have a job where what I do has an impact on the quality of people’s lives

P.F. Martin
    Participant

I am thankful to have a Government job when I know so many who are unemployed and under employed. I am also thankful to be going on vacation tomorrow morning! Have a wonderful holiday everyone.

Kathy Nelson
    Participant

Today I’m very THANKFUL for public works people who helped us through one snow storm…and prepared us for the one that will hit the Wasatch tonight. I bless your tree moving, street scrapping, sand and salt hauling selves! You’re my HEROs!

I’m thankful for trusting and effective public/private partnerships here in the U.S.

I’m thankful for a job that challenges me every day, the opportunity to make a difference and to serve the public good. I know it sounds corny, but working in the public sector does provide many opportunities to effect change and impact lives.

Keith Moore
    Participant

Happy Thanksgiving
    from the
    Open Government TV
    Family

We appreciate and give ‘thanks’ to you, our Open Government TV viewers.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
    Sincerely,

Keith D. Moore & Family
    Follow Us

[email protected]
    http://www.opengovtv.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OpenGovernmentTV
    http://www.facebook.com/opengovtv
    http://www.twitter.com/opengovtv

Marco Morales
    Participant

I’m thankful to God that we still have free air to breathe where the “business” side of government hasn’t figured out a way to impose some form of tax on every person (just like potable water and other commodities) – and for the EPA’s watchful service to help keep air relatively pollution free.

Hugo Molina
    Participant

I am thankful for the selfless, hard working VA employees who in spite of dramatically increased work loads, dwindling resources and the apathy of many PhDs working in their system, still provide the best service possible to our veterans.

Denise Petet
    Participant

Job Security, at least as a classified employee they have to work a bit harder to downsize people, and the fact that I work for a branch of the state govt that does a better job managing its money than others.

The parts of my job that allows me to get out of the office and see things. Nothing can be better than a cross state road trip, on the clock.

Shannon Kennedy
    Participant

I’m thankful for all of the public servants that work so vigorously each day to making our nation a better place. They seriously do not get the praise they deserve.

To all of you govies here on GovLoop, thank you!

Tim Buchanan
    Participant

I’m thankful for my job and being able to serve my country in a new capacity…..

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Hope you were safe….

Deb Green
    Participant

I am thankful for the opportunity to influence change, to work with a wonderful team, and the ability to work for another great team. I am blessed with a perfect storm that is inspiring and almost revolutionary in government.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

That’s awesome!

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

Mentors in government. Y’all know who you are.

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

Well put!

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

A good job working to make this a better country…

Working with some of the best people I know and meeting some of the most interesting people in the world…

A country that may not be perfect, but is still the best in the world!!!

All the GovLoopers out there who make this place the haven that it is!

Eric Erickson
    Participant

Those rare managers and leaders who encourage and support out-of-the-box thinking.

I’m grateful that there are rules to protect the worker…especially important in challenging economic times.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.