In house, open source development?

Home Forums Miscellaneous In house, open source development?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jack Madans 5 years ago.

• Author

Jack Madans
    Participant

I want to let you all know about a series of public conversations CfA will be convening on our bi-monthly Municipal Innovation conference call. You're invited. Message me your preferred email address and I will send along the invite

Municipal Innovation Discussion - In house, open source development
    Friday, February 8th, 10am PST

Complete this form for an invite: https://codeforamerica.wufoo.com/forms/join-the-municipal-innovatio...

The first discussion this Friday will focus on the challenge of in-house open source development. We'll shine a light on a school district in British Columbia that is set to roll out OpenStudent, an open source Student Information System for tracking student registrations, attendance, and grades. They started by converting three elementary school rooms into a co-work space for their development team .

Gregg Ferrie, the Director of Information Technology for Saanich School district, will give a overview of OpenStudent and present lessons learned about the necessary ingredients for in house open source development.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.