In Place Record Declaration

Home Forums Technology In Place Record Declaration

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Brown 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Leah Stone
    Participant

Is any one using SharePoint Server 2010 In Place Records Management? I am wondering about the pros and cons…

Thanks in advance!

Stephen Brown
    Participant

I’ve been using SharePoint 2010 Foundation for a few months and I’ve found a lot of useful tips on this blog. There’s a section at the end that talks about pros and cons of in place records. I don’t have any personal experience, since it’s a 2010 Server-only feature, but I hope this helps. http://community.bamboosolutions.com/blogs/sharepoint-2010/archive/2010/10/26/sharepoint-2010-cookbook-in-place-records-management-for-document-library.aspx

Jane Lassalle
    Participant

Leah,

I work at IRS and just starting to use sharepoint – what agency are you with?

Jane

Leah Stone
    Participant

Thank you for the link! I am in the process of checking out the info. Happy holidays!

Leah Stone
    Participant

I work with the DoD. SharePoint is growing in popularity across the DoD and I am glad. It’s very useful as long as you take your time to socialize the tool and address the requirements first…. WELCOME to the world of SharePoint!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.