February 1, 2010 at 12:28 pm #90924
Information Experts has an immediate opening for a senior Business Development Executive (BDE) with active traction within the Federal Government. We’ve established our reputation across multiple agencies, and now it’s time to expand our presence. We have aggressive growth goals and we will provide an exceptional opportunity for leadership and compensation for the individual that helps us achieve our goals.
After 14 years of hard work and investment, we’ve built the environment for success in business development, and now we need to expand our talent. Information Experts has a mature infrastructure staffed with both internal resources, and outside consultants and advisers.
As a BDE, we will support you with:
• Exceptional past performance as a Prime contractor in the federal market
• Pipeline management and support
• Expert assistance from Practice Leaders
• An experienced Marketing, Communications, and Design Department
• Numerous productivity and collaboration tools such as Salesforce and Sharepoint
• A well-developed Intranet, including a business development portal
• Intelligent, creative, innovative, and process-oriented colleagues in a highly creative, supportive, and collaborative environment
With support from the executive team, the BDE will lead the effort to identify small, mid-sized and large dollar opportunities. Post award, the BDE will leverage customer relationships to expand Information Experts’ presence within agencies and departments.
The core responsibilities for the BDE are to:
• Focus on hunting and winning new business
• Achieve or exceed annual revenue targets and quota
• Understand the core competencies and services that Information Experts can provide
• Articulate Information Experts’ value proposition and develop messages that resonate with our customers
• Investigate where the money is and confirm decision makers
• Understand the competitive landscape for each opportunity – know your competition
• Know what it will take to win and plan a strategy to capture business
• Collaborate effectively across the organization to develop winning strategies
• Keep the CRM complete, accurate and up-to-date
• Prepare and discuss progress at regular pipeline and capture plan reviews
We expect that you will be the BDE lead on a variety of opportunities whose aggregate accrued value to the company will exceed $3M in the first 12 months. This means you will be the BDE lead on awarded contracts whose total period of performance value exceeds $10M in that same period of time. We anticipate that you will aggressively manage, build and report on your pipeline each week and stay focused within your target accounts to ensure penetration and relationship development. We expect that you will fill your pipeline with competitive, long-term, sustainable business opportunities. Your incentive compensation will be based on the actual revenue you bring to the company, not on anticipated or potential value.
About Information Experts:
Information Experts strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Information Experts employees accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Information Experts offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, and an outstanding work environment that values strong communication, flexibility, innovation, creativity, and trust.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.