January 31, 2011 at 3:05 pm #121961
INPUT, the premier public-sector market intelligence firm, helps companies develop federal, state, and local government business and helps public sector organizations achieve their objectives. Over 1,400 members, including small specialized companies, new entrants to the public sector, and the largest government contractors and agencies, rely on INPUT for the latest and most comprehensive procurement and market information, consulting, powerful sales management tools, and educational & networking events. INPUT has a solid reputation for providing the timely, accurate, and detailed information needed to achieve results in the government market. INPUT members win over $60 billion in government contracts each year.
The Analyst, General Government Services is responsible conducting and analyzing state & local business opportunity research and supports the data collection and analysis of public sector content in support of INPUT’s product sets. The Analyst, General Government Services provides account management over a select set of states, and/or localities for which the analyst will utilize web-based and human intelligence to identify, qualify and describe procurement opportunities, contracts, contacts, vendor information, and or other selected data sets. The position will act as a liaison with both clients and government officials. The Analyst ensures the quality and analytical depth of the web-based database product content through both secondary and primary research. Principle duties include: identifying state & local requirements using in-depth primary source research; state budget analysis, updating and tracking progress on previously identified state & local business opportunities; synthesizing research findings in both written and oral formats; analyzing overall market trends; and the provision of written oral briefings to internal staff, external clients and trade publication representatives.
The State and Local Information Services team is in need of a highly motivated, self-starter who demonstrates success in a fast-paced work environment with team-oriented deadlines. Successful applicant must have superior research capabilities as well as a demonstrated commitment to excellence.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business development or public sector administration. Advanced Degree preferred, but not required.
· Minimum of 2 year professional experience in marketing, customer support, data collection, business development or government relations.
· Superior ability to synthesize complex concepts in both written and oral forms.
· Adequate oral presentation skills.
· Keen attention to detail including outstanding grammatical skills.
· Ability to learn and apply complex market knowledge quickly.
· Ability to train and develop others.
· Excellent internet research skills.
· Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Customer focus and ability to interact with clients and government officials one-on-one and at public sector events.
· Ability to learn, understand and utilize new software rapidly.
· Superior interpersonal skills and capability to work successfully in a collaborative environment.
· Proven commitment to academic and/or professional excellence.
· Understanding of public sector procurement as well as information technology market concepts and key components.
· Intermediate level understanding of the public sector technology procurement process
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Stay abreast of public sector procurement developments to enable and facilitate quality data collection and representation.
· Through in-depth state/local understanding, assess and report on future public-sector requirements.
· Identify new or existing state/local requirements through in-depth primary (in-person or telephonic) research.
· Conduct research, analysis and delivery of high-quality and timely responses customer inquiries regarding public-sector opportunities and initiatives.
· Conduct and analyze overall market trends and provide written and oral briefings to internal staff, external clients and trade publication representatives.
· Conduct budget analysis from State budget documents and review State IT Strategic Plans
· Through in-depth knowledge on state procurement rules & regulations
· Update and track progress on previously identified state & local business opportunities.
· Synthesize research findings and analysis in structured online written and oral formats.
· Represent INPUT at public-sector industry events.
· Ensure the quality, depth of analysis and usability of the web-based product.
· Act as an INPUT liaison to clients and government officials.
· Support management in the selection and training of team-members.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Structure: Base salary
· Range: $40,000-$55,000
· No direct reports.
· Reports to Sr. Manager, SL Information Services.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.