May 21, 2010 at 1:02 pm #101006
The Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management, the Federal Workforce, and the District of Columbia Conducted a hearing on Thursday, May 20, 2010 Titled Balancing Act: Efforts to Right-Size the Federal Employee-to-Contractor Mix
This link provides a video archive of the hearing and the written statements of:
* Senator Daniel K. Akaka
* Senator George V. Voinovich
* The Honorable Daniel I. Gordon Administrator Office of Federal Procurement Policy
* Mr. Jeff Neal Chief Human Capital Officer U.S. Department of Homeland Security
* Mr. Chuck Grimes Deputy Associate Director, Employee Services U.S. Office of Personnel Management
* Mr. John Needham Director, Acquisition and Sourcing Management U.S. Government Accountability OfficeMs.
* Maureen Gilman Legislative Director National Treasury Employees Union
* Mr. Alan Chvotkin Executive Vice President and Counsel Professional Services Council
* Mr. Mark Whetstone President National Citizenship and Immigration Services Council
A related story from the Washington Post
Federal Diary: Fixing balance of workers and contractors isn’t a matter of math
By Joe Davidson
Friday, May 21, 2010
The mix of government work done by federal employees and that done by outside contractors is out of balance, but the right balance doesn’t simply mean having those employees do more of the contractors’ work, the Obama administration told Congress Thursday.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.