International Career in Government/NonProfit – career advice?

Home Forums Careers International Career in Government/NonProfit – career advice?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Krzmarzick 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Christina N. Pagan
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there has an international career in government and/or nonprofit and how they were able to attain that. The most obvious way I would think is through the foreign services… any advice would be great!

Hi Christina – you can find a lot of folks here on GovLoop that are involved in international careers. One great person is Lovisa Williams at the State Department. There are also some groups where you can find people:

International Development
    International Relations Majors
    State Department
    The United Nations

Let me know if you’d like some additional help in finding international-related folks here in the community.

– Andy

Christina N. Pagan
    Participant

Thank you for your input, I do speak Spanish and have been studying French for awhile. I will look into the agencies you recommended. Thank you!

Christina N. Pagan
    Participant

Hi, thank you for your input. I checked out the sites and already found some useful resources. Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.