January 27, 2011 at 9:11 pm #121784
Job Title: International Research and Development Program Spec
Department: Department Of The Army
Agency: U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command
Job Announcement Number: EUJU11795114
$84,697.00 - $110,104.00 /year
Friday, January 21, 2011 to Thursday, January 27, 2011
SERIES & GRADE:
- This is a Permanent position. -- Full Time
1 vacancy - London, England
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
US Citizens and Status Candidates
Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
US Army RDECOM, USAITC-Atlantic, London, United Kingdom
About the Position: Duties (cont'd): Assists non-US governments and related Defense industries to establish contacts with the U.S. Army for the execution of cooperative opportunities.
The organization is primarily composed of scientists, engineers, and technology scouts, applicant will make many government and academic contacts in the assigned AOR.
Live and work in the UK and travel in your assigned area of responsibility.
Who May Apply: Click here for more information.
- Applicants in the categories listed below are eligible to apply for this job announcement - This is a world-wide announcement. Veteran Preference Eligibles and Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998 Eligibles may self-nominate regardless of geographical location.
- Current Army employees with competitive status (includes Army employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment).
- Persons with Military Spouse Preference who are in the commuting area of the place of work.
- Applicants eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles.
- Applicants who are eligible for Family Member appointments on Leave Without Pay (LWOP) in the commuting area of the vacancy.
- U. S. Citizens residing in the commuting area (except ordinary residents) who are eligible for a family member appointment.
- Military spouses eligible under EO 13473.
- U.S. Citizen
Additional Duty Location Info:1 vacancy - London, EnglandIncumbent serves as a technical expert for the identification and assessment of foreign science, technology, and technical capabilities (ST&C) for military opportunities and potential contributions to U.S. Army and DoD RD&A programs. Initiates and executes programs to obtain and/or evaluate foreign ST&C opportunities, and facilitates insertion into U.S. RD&A programs as appropriate. Briefs officials at the highest levels of the DoD RD&A communities, U.S. Embassy, as well as technical leaders throughout RDECOM, on the opportunities for capitalizing on foreign ST&C. Monitors U.S. Army and related DoD RD&A programs, evaluating stated and inferred technology gaps in critical programs/organizations. Maintains cognizance of DoD's S&T objectives. Speaks authoritatively to foreign institutions to explain U.S. military S&T interests and requirements within the guidelines and regulations governing release of information.
Qualifications and Evaluations
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Click on link below to view qualification standard.
- To receive consideration for this position, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the next lower pay band or equivalent under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay system. The quality of this experience must clearly demonstrate the possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies: - Knowledge that provides the ability to assess US and Foreign program performance relating to test results, engineering reports, and program milestone objectives, and to review recommendations submitted to Army Materiel Command and Department of Army pertaining to International Programs. - Ability to analyze and evaluate complex statistics and program reports to summarize this information into useful and concise documents requiring individual judgment. - Broad knowledge of existing and evolving tactical concepts and doctrine and their impact on US and NATO programs to develop and submit recommendations for new concepts and cooperative programs including implementation procedures for how to do things better and improved methods to further bilateral goals and objectives. - Comprehensive knowledge of HQDA goals and objectives to promote Rationalization, Standardization, and Interoperability (RSI) and develop standardization and interoperability initiatives designed to improve NATO combat readiness. Broad knowledge of current HQDA and DOD acquisition initiatives including Battle Laboratories, use of simulation in the acquisition process, and technology and concept demonstration. - Comprehensive knowledge of foreign processes, procedures, and objectives required relating to US programs.
- The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualifications requirements, and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
- Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time in Grade Restriction.
- One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
- Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- GS-12 and above: One year of experience directly related to the occupation and equivalent to at least the next lower grade level. There is no substitution of education for experience at this level.
Click here for more information.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- You will be required to provide proof of US permanent residency status.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Career Field Position.
- Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce (ALT) workforce applicants must have an Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) on file in the Career Acquisition Personnel and Position Management Information System (CAPPMIS).
- Acquisition Corps membership is required prior to appointment to a CAP unless a waiver is granted.
- All candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements will be considered. Subject to proof of membership, Acquisition Corps members from other services will be accepted by Army without additional review.
- Selectees must sign an Acquisition Corps written tenure agreement to remain in the Federal service in this position for at least 3 years.
- Completion of mandatory acquisition certification requirements for this position is a condition of employment and must be accomplished within 24 months of assignment.
- The above documents and information on the ACRB and Acquisition Corps membership may be found on the ASC home page at http://asc.army.mil. Individuals with questions may contact an Acquisition Career Manager in the Acquisition Support Center for assistance.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You may claim Military Spouse Preference.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:Resumes will be evaluated for basic qualifications requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position.
Benefits and Other Info
BENEFITS:The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
- Comprehensive health and life insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Generous retirement programs
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
- Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
- Paid employment related training and education
- Possible student loan repayment
- Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
- Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
OTHER INFORMATION:Click here for more information.
- To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
- May require overtime work.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available on http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is three years.
- Candidates initially selected from the U.S. may be eligible for certain foreign area benefits.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- UK Visa Requirements.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is 40 percent.
Other Advantages: Office environment outside London, local mass transit to the center of London takes about 20 minutes.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.