April 11, 2012 at 7:40 pm #158535
Chris IRS RecruiterParticipant
If you’re an experienced economist with great analytical skills and an understanding of complex tax issues, the IRS needs you. We have multiple openings for senior economists. If you’re looking for a new career challenge and the opportunity to grow as a leader – apply now! This announcement closes Friday, May 04, 2012.
Salary: $96,690.00 to $148,806.00
Series and Grade: GS-0110-14
Position Info: Full-time
As a senior economist your duties may include:
- Providing expert technical advice and direction to employees relative to the largest and most complex economic issues.
- Providing technical support and in-depth analyses on complex cases
- Preparing written findings, reports and other technical guidance
- Performing multiple assignments or projects requiring advanced economic knowledge, and make precedent-setting and industry or nationwide determinations.
- Conducting research and analysis of tax issues involving economics, transfer pricing, and valuation related to specific taxpayers or across taxpayers and industries.
- Reviewing economic, statistical and subject-matter literature for data and research methodology appropriate for inclusion in the research, and evaluate the reasonableness of the APMA, taxpayer, and foreign tax jurisdiction positions.
- Assuming responsibility for the initiation, planning, implementation, control, modification, and execution of all or part of a research project or assignment.
To view the full announcement and apply go to: http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/313908200#TopofPage
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.