IT Economic Development

Home Forums Miscellaneous IT Economic Development

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Steven I Adler
    Participant

Happy New Year!
    My 2010 resolution is to engage others with diversified backgrounds to understand how to establish an IT Economic Development Plan and vision for West Hartford. If you have experiences or best practices you can share, that would be great. Thank You. Steve

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

That’s a great resolution.

Have you done it before? What is your process?

There is a real art to buidling a plan and vision from getting input and most importantly buy-in and implementation. It is no easy chore…

Steven I Adler
    Participant

I’m in the process of getting some background on strategic development and understanding all the moving parts. If you or anyone can provide input, by all means, feel free and reach out to me. Thanks again.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

David Dejewski
    Participant

Steve, there are some of us that understand something about economic development (I own a real estate investment firm & apartment buildings in markets like DFW), and some that understand something about IT (I am the former CIO for Navy medical logistics), but the concept of “IT Economic Development” is puzzling to me. I believe we might be better able to help if you could explain what you mean by this term.

Steven I Adler
    Participant

Dave: I’m refering to technology growth businesses primarily small to medium (capitalized) companies. Infrastucture, SW/HW dev & prod, etc. Thanks again STEVE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.