IT Project & Program Consultant for NIH

Home Forums Job Openings IT Project & Program Consultant for NIH

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandeep Bhatia 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Mike Canino
    Participant

Our small but very visible company is searching for a new addition to our team. Our new Principal Consultant will be client-facing, with experience managing software development projects as well as making strategic recommendations on IT investment portfolios.

This contract advises the CIO of one of the largest of the National Institutes of Health. Some buzzwords we bandy about daily include: HHS EPLC; SDLC; CRMS and CPIC. Among many other tasks, we are called upon to help administer and oversee two large software systems. One is for clinical research management, and the other deals with bibliometrics around grants. These are developed by external vendors who sometimes require close management, so you’ll need project-level management skills (what’s a WBS? Why do we need to do UAT? etc…), as well as some background in what clinical research is and how it’s run. We are also involved in efforts around resolving Institute-wide informtion architecture mapping and rationalization; implementing MSFT Project Server across all development initiatives, etc. You don’t need to be expert at all of this, but we need an adaptable person who’s good at a lot of it and can quickly come up to speed on the rest. This position does not require detailed technical knowledge of any particular product, or travel beyond the noVA/DC/MD area.

Our corporate office is in Tysons Corner, and the client is in Bethesda. Please contact me if you’re bright, adaptable, seasoned, diplomatic, experienced with the sort of tasks I outline above, and looking to become very busy.

Thank you for reading,
    Mike Canino

Sandeep Bhatia
    Participant

Hi Mike-
    Please can you let me know more about the position ? I believe I may be able to help as I have extensive experience in leading large enterprise applications and overseeing work across internal teams and external vendors. I was in the D.C area last week and am considering moving to the Falls Church area in Nov./Dec. time frame.

My linkedin profile is available at : http://www.linkedin.com/in/sandeepsbhatia

Look forward to hearing from you. My mobile number is 925.381.9561

Best,
    Sandeep

Mike Canino
    Participant

Hi Sandeep, and thanks for your reply. We are actually only looking at local candidates; and as indicated, experience with some kind of clinical research processes is a strength for this position. Wishing you good luck,

Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.