Jay Daughtry’s Virginia

Home Forums Miscellaneous Jay Daughtry’s Virginia

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Sperry 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

So with the season finale of “Sarah Palin’s Alaska”, there seems to be a gap in TLC programming. That’s why I’m proposing “Jay Daughtry’s Virginia”. We could visit a lot of interesting places, like Civil War battlefields and Presidential homes, without fear of being attacked by wild animals. Virginia offers great geography with coast and mountains as well as fascinating urban areas and charming small towns. We could also check out different jobs and industries around the Commonwealth, particularly those in government and those companies supporting government. Most of these do not involve life-and-death decisions on a daily basis.

Other advantages that “Jay Daughtry’s Virginia” would have over “Sarah Palin’s Alaska”:

• I do not already have a studio in my home where I am interviewed or broadcast messages from. This adds a certain authenticity, I think.
    • I’ve never actually run Virginia or been in politics, for that matter (okay, okay… I was student government vice president in the 11th grade) But the point is that I’m not distracted by the political implications of such a show.
    • I’m just an average “jay” (like how I slipped that in there?) with a regular perspective on, but great interest in exploring my state.
    • My neighbors are not spying on me or renting out their homes so others can spy on me and write books about me… wait, I don’t think they are… Are they?!
    • Lastly, my kids have names that can be found on souvenir license plates at Williamsburg.

So, if you know anyone at TLC, have their people contact my people. We could have a good thing going with “Jay Daughtry’s Virginia”.

Oh, and one last thing… I do want a Third Day hit for my theme song as well.

If you liked this discussion, check out my last one: “Cushy Jobs with Jay Daughtry”.

Peter Sperry
    Participant

“without fear of being attacked by wild animals

Wouldn’t it be more fun to head up to the Shenandoah national Park and find some bears? They may not be grizzlies but stearing down a mama black bear can be “interesting”.

Sam Allgood
    Participant

“have their people contact my people” … I would have thought that one of your advantages would have been that they could contact you directly and not have to go through ‘your people’ πŸ™‚

It’s my show, Peter… and I say we avoid all danger! πŸ˜‰

You have a valid point there, Sam. They can just skip my people and contact me directly… After all, that’s part of the beauty of social media, isn’t it? πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.