January 25, 2011 at 8:27 pm #121550
The Office of Congressional and Public Affairs is seeking one or more OIG employees for a 90-day detail in the Public Affairs office. This position is open to GS-13s and above, with work being assigned according to demonstrated ability and grade-level.
The ideal candidate would possess several of the following skills:
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including the ability to draft and/or review reports and presentations.
- Knowledge of OIG mission, goals, priorities that affect DHS programs, operations, and systems and the ability to apply that skill to a diverse array of projects.
- Skill in managing long-term projects under the direction of others, including the ability to handle logistics, create project plans and/or meet deadlines.
- Ability to participate in interagency and/or multidisciplinary working groups involving a diverse array of complex subject matter, including (when needed) taking leadership roles, facilitating meetings, and/or giving oral or written reports.
- Strong interest and/or knowledge of new media and web content (e.g., Twitter, Facebook and/or blogs).
- Ability to multitask and to work in a collegial, team environment.
- Flexibility with respect to the type and nature of assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to take new projects on a short notice and complete them in a timely manner.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Interested candidates should submit a written statement of interest to Kiana Barrett-Clybourn ([email protected]) by cob January 28, 2011.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.