August 4, 2011 at 2:40 pm #137334
Job Title: ACCOUNTANT
Agency: Agency For International Development
Job Announcement Number: AN513695
SALARY RANGE: $62,467.00 - $97,333.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, August 04, 2011 to Saturday, August 13, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0510-11/12
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
DUTY LOCATIONS: few vacancies - Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
As a an Accountant in the Office of Financial Management, you will provide professional accounting advice, assistance, and counsel to USAID managers.
USAID is an independent Federal Government agency that receives overall foreign policy guidance from the Secretary of State. With headquarters in Washington, D.C., USAID fosters transformational development around the world. Our work supports economic growth and trade; agriculture and the environment; education and training; democracy and governance; global health; global partnerships and humanitarian assistance. We operate in four regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa; Asia and the Near East; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Europe and Eurasia. USAID employees in the Civil Service and Foreign Service, as well as individuals employed through Personal Service Contracts, must adhere to our counter Trafficking in Persons Code of Conduct. For information on the effort to counter all forms of human trafficking, including the procurement of commercial sex acts and the use of forced labor, visit http://www.state.gov/g/tip. For more information about USAID, visit http://www.usaid.gov.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion procedures. If you are Merit Status eligible, you may apply under vacancy AN513699.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
* U.S. Citizenship or national
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
* May be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
* Suitability for Federal employment determined by background investigation.
* Travel and Relocation expenses will not be paid.
* Performs complex data analysis and account reconciliation required for preparing financial statements, and/or recurring and ad hoc reports for internal and external distribution.
* Reviews processes and identifies operational improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of accounting services and reporting.
* Validates data entered into a variety of basic and specialized accounts which are integrated into a large complex accounting system.
* Provides finanical management advice.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.