August 22, 2011 at 2:56 pm #139193
Job Title: Acquisition Systems Support Specialist
Department: Department Of The Navy
Agency: Naval Supply Systems Command
Job Announcement Number: NE1-1101-12-JB523669-DE
SALARY RANGE: $73,408.00 – $95,429.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, August 22, 2011 to Friday, August 26, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1101-12
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Philadelphia Metro area, PA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Discover a civilian career with the U.S. Department of the Navy that is filled with possibilities and be a part of something that makes a difference for you, the country, and the world.
The employee is one of the lead lead Acquisition Systems Support Specialists in Philadelphia for the Acquisition Policy, and Contract Support division 0251 of the NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support Contracting Directorate. The Contracting Directorate’s mission is to procure systems, components, spare parts and overhaul/repair services in providing support for the worldwide aviation and shipboard operations of the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, other departments and customers in foreign military establishments. The Acquisition policy and Contract Support Division is the focal point for acquisition process design and implementation, including the design and operation of management control and information systems, process efficiency and effectiveness tracking for manual and automated processes, and acquisition data collection as required in support of Directorate, Command, and Department reporting requirements.
* If claiming Veterans Preference you must attach the supporting documents
* PCS/Relocation costs not authorized
* Occasional travel may be required
A typical day would include:
* Creates and maintains numerous, complex Contracting Directorates’ work-in-progress (WIP), Award Completion, and obligation datasets, through use of FOCUS, ORACLE, ITIMP and ERP sources.
* Develops, analyzes, evaluates, advises on or improves the effectiveness of work methods and procedures, organizations, manpower utilization, distribution of work assignments, management controls, information and documentation systems, and/or similar functions of management.
* Researches, analyzes, and prepares reports for all Corporate Performance and Operational Efficiency data.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101864992&JobTitle=Acquisition+Systems+Support+Specialist&x=30&y=12&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=7&re=4&AVSDM=2011-08-22+05%3a53%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.