March 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm #157472
Job ID: 6892734 Position Title: Agent Trainee Company Name: Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Job Function: Public Safety Entry Level: Yes Location(s): Arlington, Texas, United States
Beaumont, Texas, United States
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Del Rio, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Laredo, Texas, United States
McAllen, Texas, United States
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Posted: March 28, 2012 Job Type: Full-Time Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent Min Experience: None Required Travel: 25-50% Salary: $39,097.00 (Yearly Salary)
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission is Accepting Applications for Agent Trainee
Locations: Arlington (3), Beaumont (1), Houston (12), Corpus Christi (1), Del Rio (1), Laredo (1), McAllen (2), San Antonio (1)
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH 5:00 p.m. Friday, April 13, 2012
An agent trainee becomes eligible for promotion to Agent I upon completion of a full 12 months of satisfactory performance and successful completion of the Field Training Program and TABC Academy. The career ladder for Agents is as follows, and is based on years of service, and job performance:
• Agent Trainee (less than 1 yr)------Annual $39,097----Monthly, $3,258.08
• Agent (1-4 yrs..)----------------------Annual $47,221----Monthly, $3,935.08
• Agent (4-7 yrs.)-----------------------Annual $50,988----Monthly, $4,249.00
• Agent (8-11 yrs.)---------------------Annual $54,860---Monthly, $4,571.67
• Agent (12-15 yrs.)--------------------Annual $57,504----Monthly, $4,792.00
• Agent (16-19 yrs.)--------------------Annual $60,307----Monthly, $5,025.58
• Agent (20 yrs. or more)--------------Annual $61,793----Monthly, $5,149.42
Performs entry-level alcoholic beverage enforcement work. Work involves regulating the alcoholic beverage industry inTexasand enforcing the state’s Alcoholic Beverage Code. Works under close supervision during the probationary period which includes an intensive field training program and academy. Must be willing to work shifts as assigned including nights, weekends and holidays, with days and hours that are subject to change.
- Enforces the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, the Texas Penal Code and other applicable statutes.
- Inspects licensed premises and investigates complaints concerning violations of the state’s alcoholic beverage laws.
- Gathers evidence to determine if violations occurred and if criminal or administrative charges are warranted.
- Prepares and files administrative and criminal cases with the appropriate authorities.
- Conducts searches, seizes illicit alcoholic beverages and contraband, and executes arrests.
- Assists in the prosecution of cases filed.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies in the investigation, preparation, and prosecution of alcohol-related cases.
- May handle or assist in the initial processing of applications for licenses and permits.
- May provide training or teach awareness programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Training
- At least 21 years of age.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) Basic Peace Officer Certification. (Legible copy of TCLEOSE Certification must be submitted with application)
- High school diploma or GED and four years experience in law enforcement. Experience conducting investigations is preferred.
- OR –
- High school diploma or GED and four years of Military experience. (Legible copy of DD214 must be submitted with application).
- OR –
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree. (Legible copy of Transcripts must be submitted with application).
- Selected applicants for the agent trainee positions are required to complete a written assessment exam. The exam will assess the applicant’s skills in the areas of Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Spelling, Language, Number Operations, and Problem Solving. Regional assessment exams will be conducted between the dates of Monday, May 7 – May 11, 2012
- The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) has developed a physical assessment for all law enforcement officers in compliance with Texas Government Code, Chapter 614, Subchapter H, section 614.152. All TABC law enforcement officers are required to fully comply with the physical standards between September, 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013 as a condition of their employment. Applicants for this position must complete physical standards testing during the application process. The test will be conducted to establish a baseline and familiarity with the Physical Readiness Test (PRT). Candidates will be tested on the following:
300 Meter Run – 93 seconds
Push Ups – 13 (no time limit)
1.5 Mile Run – 21:55 minutes
AGENT TRAINEE APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
- The complete posting and application forms can be found on our website at http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/employment/welcome.asp
- Complete and submit a separate State of Texas Application form for each posting that you wish to apply for by writing the unique TABC job posting number on each application form that you submit. You may submit up to three separate applications, one for each Region.
- Identify the specific city location of the position you wish to apply for by writing the name of the city in the Geographic Preference section of the application form.
- Attach a legible copy of college transcripts or TCLEOSE Basic Peace Officer Certification and DD214 if applicable.
- Attach a completed TABC Supplemental to State of Texas application for Employment form.
- Attach a completed Personal Inquiry Waiver, Authority for Release of Information, which may be obtained fromhttp://www.tabc.state.tx.us/forms/other.asp#employment .
- Applications can be submitted by email to [email protected] , faxed to (512) 206-3419, or mailed by the due date April 13, 2012. Late applications will not be accepted. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a State of Texas Application form.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Contact Person: Human Resources Phone: 512-206-3220 Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 512-206-3419 Apply URL: http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/employment/welcome.asp
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.