July 11, 2011 at 3:43 pm #134976
Job Title: Appropriations Liaison Specialist
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: DHS Headquarters
Job Announcement Number: DHSHQ11-501885-FO
SALARY RANGE: $74,872.00 - $115,742.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, July 11, 2011 to Friday, July 15, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0501-12/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: Few vacancies - Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
We are looking for people who want to contribute their skills and talents to help preserve our Nation's freedoms and secure our homeland. The mission of the US Dept of Homeland Security is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified effort to secure America. DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team that is "Proud to Protect."
The primary purpose of this position is to independently perform a variety of tasks constituting segments of broader assignments and to assist Appropriations Liaison Officers responsible for advising Department officials on appropriation bills and reports, both proposed and enacted.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Under Secretary for Management (USM).
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
* You must be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
* Review appropriations bills and reports to establish inventories of congressional requirements.
* Manage and regularly monitor OCFO tracking systems to ensure up-to-date information; respond to related inquiries as needed.
* Produce weekly status reports of DHS appropriations-related activities for review by OCFO leadership.
* Assist in the preparation of budget briefing materials for OCFO and Departmental leadership.
* Assist in the development and management of budget briefing and hearing schedules with the Legislative Branch.
* Interpret legislative bill and report language for consideration by OCFO and DHS Component organizations.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100770643&JobTitle=Appropriations+Liaison+Specialist&x=116&y=12&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=3&re=4&AVSDM=2011-07-11+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.