March 30, 2012 at 4:29 pm #157602
Assistant Building Services Manager
Annual Salary: $62,067 to $85,280
“Cedar Rapids is a vibrant urban hometown – a beacon for people and businesses that are invested in building a greater community for the next generation”. Come work with a City so dedicated to building a greater community that we made it our vision statement!
The City of Cedar Rapids is currently recruiting for an Assitant Building Services Manager. This position will assist in identifying and implementing best practices for the department and the City. The ideal candidate will have 5 to 10 years experience in field inspection and plan review and building construction with a Bachelor’s Degree in building design/architecture, structural engineering, building or construction science or a related field. Applicants who have additional experience or training/certifications in place of a Bachelor’s degree are welcomed to apply. Details on the required qualifications and job duties for this position can be found at our website: http://www.cedar-rapids.org/government/departments/hr/employment/Pages/AssistantBuildingServicesManager.aspx.
Tips for applying:
- Resumes are suggested.
- Applications are required – resumes submitted without applications will not be forwarded to the hiring department.
- List all certifications and training courses, any supervisory experience, the population of any cities/towns where you performed Code related duties, years of supervisory experience, and the total number of years experience in Code Enforcement, Building Services, or a related field.
This position requires
Thorough knowledge of:
- building construction methods, techniques, practices and materials
- International Codes and their application
- City building, housing, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and zoning codes and their application, in order to supervise and coordinate application and interpretation of codes
- interpretation of blueprints and building plans
- on site examination and interpretation of building code compliance
- work management and in interpersonal relations, as applied to contacts with outside agencies and the public
- training, assigning, motivating, supervising and evaluating the work of others
- plan, organize and manage building and trades enforcement
- prepare accurate and reliable reports
- use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions
- perform a variety of assigned tasks with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
Cedar Rapids is the second largest city in Iowa, which translates to a stimulating work environment that offers room to grow and develop professionally. The City of Cedar Rapids offers a supervisory training curriculum and professional development courses throughout the year.
Cedar Rapids is the kind of community where you belong.
- Low cost of living (purchasing a home costs 40% less than the national average)
- Low property and violent crime rates
- Short commute times
- Nationally recognized healthcare system (Institute for Healthcare Improvement)
- Nationally recognized school systems
We offer a generous benefits package that includes: free employee dental care and low cost family dental care, low cost health and prescription coverage, flexible benefits plans, 11 paid holidays, a comprehensive wellness program with free annual screenings for you and your spouse, an IPERS retirement package, deferred compensation, flexible leave, and tuition reimbursement.
All of this adds up to one great place to live, work and play.
Visit our website to download an application: http://www.cedar-rapids.org
Submit your completed application to: [email protected]
Applications accepted until 4 pm CST on April 27, 2012.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
Assistance provided to disabled individuals upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.