July 20, 2011 at 3:14 pm #136165
Job Title: Assistant Coordinator for National Heritage Areas
Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: National Park Service
Job Announcement Number: NPSWASO-HQ-11-503565
SALARY RANGE: $62,467.00 – $81,204.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 to Friday, July 29, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0301-11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Term NTE 13 months
DUTY LOCATIONS: 2 vacancies – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This is a Term appointment open to all US Citizens. Appointment may be extended up to a total of 4 years.
Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service. Become a part of our mission to unite the past, our cultures and our special places, to establish important connections to the present and build a rich and lasting legacy for future generations.
The National Heritage Areas Program Office within the Heritage Preservation Assistance Programs of the Cultural Resources directorate at the National Park Service (NPS) in Washington, DC is seeking an Assistant Coordinator for the National Heritage Areas to: review and assess key planning documents in coordination with NPS regional offices; develop and update guidance regarding feasibility studies and management planning documents; and provide technical assistance to non-profit, federal, state and local organizations.
* You must be a U.S. Citizen
* Male applicants must meet the Selective Service requirement
* You must submit your complete application and all supporting documents
* You must complete the questionnaire and/or knowledge, skills &
* abilities/competency statement
* You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation/determination
As an Assistant Coordinator for National Heritage Areas, you will be responsible for:
* Reviewing National Heritage Area program legislation and new area legislation for content and consistency with existing legislation
* Gathering and updating key programmatic data, including congressional representation, funding allocations, management structure, etc.
* Assisting in efforts to align National heritage Area contracting and reporting processes across multiple National Park Service (NPS) regions
* Reviewing National Heritage Area Feasibility studies and management plans with focus on compliance with all legal and programmatic requirements
* Updating existing feasibility study and management planning guidance to incorporate input from National Heritage Areas and to reflect emphasis on strategic planning principles
* Producing public relations materials such as the NHA e-newsletter
* Organizing training curriculum for National Heritage Area organizations
* Providing technical assistance to emerging and established areas
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100993664&JobTitle=Assistant+Coordinator+for+National+Heritage+Areas&x=67&y=15&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=6&re=4&AVSDM=2011-07-20+08%3a50%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.