July 7, 2011 at 2:13 pm #134824
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, is accepting applications for an Assistant Director for the Academic Support Center. The Assistant Director will report to the Director and must be able to use sound professional judgment to maintain effective working relationships with the departmental staff. The Assistant Director will be responsible for managing the Writing Lab (to include on-line component), the Supplemental Instruction (SI) program, coordinating training for these programs, developing writing presentations for the campus community, and managing the website for the Academic Support Center.
Must be able to complete job responsibilities independently with limited supervision from the Director. Must also have the ability to interpret, analyze, synthesize, and implement policies and regulations.
Manages and coordinates program design, implementation, budget, and daily functions of Writing Lab and Supplemental Instruction program (to include hiring and evaluation of personnel and marketing services to the campus community).
- Master’s Degree in English, Communication, or writing-related studies required.
- Extensive knowledge of sound writing practices and ability to demonstrate that knowledge.
- Knowledge in tutoring practices based on College Reading and Learning Association or similar certification requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, administrators, parents, and alumni as well as the community.
- Ability to disseminate information electronically to campus community and to communicate effectively both in writing and speech.Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion when handling confidential information.Ability to work within a team setting.
To learn more about this opening, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.