July 1, 2011 at 1:47 pm #134406
NATURE OF WORK
Performs technical work involving fire prevention inspection and code enforcement. Serves as an advanced apprentice in order to acquire additional training and experience necessary to qualify for promotion to Fire Inspector. Conducts fire prevention inspections of commercial, industrial, and multi-family structures; inspects existing structures and facilities under construction for compliance with fire prevention ordinances. Conducts public information programs. Maintains records of scheduled/completed assignments. Documents findings in narrative and statistical reports; drafts written summaries; related work. Employees are required to maintain combat firefighter readiness as they are subject to deployment in that capacity. Work schedules vary and might include nights, weekends, and holidays on a regular or irregular basis.
- Four (4) years of experience in the fire service.
- Employees with three (3) years of experience may apply.
- Successful completion of 24 college credits (15 of which must be in the areas of fire science/ administration, emergency medical service, business or public administration, or industrial education with a major in fire/science administration).
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- a valid Florida Class "E" or higher Driver’s License.
- a State of Florida Fire Inspector I Certificate.
To learn more about this opening, visit http://www.tampagov.net/appl_personnel_job_openings/job_detail.asp?posting_id=2662
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.