December 7, 2011 at 3:09 pm #147166
Assistant to the County Manager, Sedgwick County Government
Post Date Dec 06, 2011 Salary $43,958 Start Date Application Deadline N/A ICMA Members Only No ICMA Credential (Details) not required Normal Population 480,000 Seasonal Population Employer Location Wichita, Kansas United States Job Reference Number Keywords Administrative, Coordinator, Government, Leadership Job Description Sedgwick County Government is looking for a dynamic professional to serve in a key leadership position in the County Manager’s Office. Sedgwick County is accepting applications for an Assistant to the County Manager position. The ideal applicant will have local government experience and a demonstrated passion for providing for the present and future well-being of the citizens of Sedgwick County. The successful candidate will support the mission and values of Sedgwick County Government through administrative and/or managerial support of the County Manager’s Office, and other County departments as assigned. This position will be responsible for supporting the County Manager’s Office in working with decision-makers to ensure quality public services for the residents of Sedgwick County.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
• Supervise and coordinate administrative staff for the County Manager’s Office and provide senior level administrative support to the County
• Serve as Project Manager for key community initiatives (including the Board of County Commission agenda process)
• Serve as the County Manager’s liaison for internal and external customers including interacting with Board of County Commission, senior staff, community groups and citizens
• Receives inquiries from the public by letter, telephone, or in person and follows up with the appropriate correspondence
• Serves as an aide to the County Manager which includes but is not limited to coordinating calendars; composing correspondence; arranging conferences; interpreting administrative policy; relaying instructions of policy and procedure revision; entering payroll
• Reviews, analyzes and assists in the preparation of the County budget; provides recommendations to the County Manager regarding budget adjustments
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, political science, or a related field. Three to five years experience in public or business administration preferred. Candidates must possess ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing as well; establish positive working relationships with employees at all levels including elected officials and senior management; ability to organize and analyze confidential information. Requires proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software programs.
Sedgwick County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status.
Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Lindsey Mahoney, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7052, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at [email protected]
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure. Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
510 N Main Suite 304
Wichita, KS 67203
E-mail: [email protected]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.