May 20, 2011 at 3:15 pm #130941
Job Title: Auditor
Department: US General Services Administration
Agency: Office of the Inspector General
Sub Agency: General Services Administration
Job Announcement Number: JA-2011-JAA-01DE
SALARY RANGE: $89,033.00 - $115,742.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 to Tuesday, May 31, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0511-13/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-time Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: few vacancies - Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All United States citizens and nationals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified auditor to be a proactive member of the Office of Audits team. We offer a rewarding opportunity to contribute to a noble mission that prevents/detects the fraud, waste, and abuse of GSA programs. We are interested in individuals who are committed to superior service and who can help us continue to meet our high standards.
The Office of Inspector General's (OIG) mission is to help the General Services Administration (GSA) effectively carry out its responsibilities and to protect the public interest by bringing about positive change in the performance, accountability, and integrity of GSA programs and operations. The OIG is recognized as a world-class organization serving the public interest by protecting and improving the operations of GSA. The OIG plays a vital role in supporting GSA's continuing evolution as a leader in formulating Government-wide policy and its efforts to expertly and competitively meet the needs of its Federal customers while serving the best interest of the taxpayers.
The OIG works to continuously improve the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of GSA programs. We do this by performing: independent financial, program, and compliance audits; criminal and civil investigations; and, reviews of proposed legislation and regulations.
- In the OIG, our values are important to us. They form the building blocks we use to succeed in our work.
- We are committed to being objective and impartial. We will not allow conflicts, improper influence or other impediments to interfere with our work.
- We work together, with mutual respect, to accomplish our mission as we establish a work environment that encourages flexibility and innovation.
- We will carry out our responsibilities in an ethical manner with the highest level of integrity.
- Our work is reliable and adds value.
- We view our organization as a team consisting of diverse and talented individuals. We are committed to our professional standards and will foster relationships that rely on communication and cooperation. In so doing, the OIG will maintain a quality workforce that will embody the highest levels of technical skills, and be open to innovation and creative methods of meeting our clients' needs.
* Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or nationals
* Applicants must apply online via USAjobs (see "How to Apply" section)
* Background security investigation required
The incumbent plans, directs, and conducts audits pertaining to financial and related activities of an organization and/or audits affecting the economy and efficiency of major agency programs, and/or preaward and postaward attestation examinations of contractors doing business with GSA under a multitude of contracts and complex financial arrangements. Plans and directs the activity of lower level auditors. Conducts research and performs audit surveys to identify situations where waste, abuse, and inefficiencies exist and develops constructive recommendations for corrective actions. Writes audit and other types of reports advising top management officials of audit findings, explains the significance of conclusions and justifies recommendations.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.