May 31, 2011 at 2:57 pm #131493
Job Title: Budget Analyst
Department: Department Of Housing And Urban Development
Agency: Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Job Announcement Number: F11-DE-481650-1MB
SALARY RANGE: $51,630.00 – $81,204.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 to Monday, June 06, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0560-09/11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Join the Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) team if you are looking for a challenging career and want to help individuals achieve the American Dream! HUD is an integral partner in revitalizing and improving communities across America. Our mission focuses on expanding homeownership, increasing access to affordable housing, strengthening communities, fighting housing discrimination, and tackling homelessness issues.
Great Benefits Package including paid vacation, sick days, holidays, health and life insurance and an excellent retirement package!
HUD Headquarters offices are conveniently located at the L’Enfant Plaza Metro stop, and within walking distance to great restaurants, museums, and the National Mall. We also have a fitness center, childcare center, credit union, eateries, and other work-life conveniences.
Salary listed reflects salary range from step 1 through step 10 of the grade. Pay setting regulations require that pay for first Federal appointment be set at the step 1 of the grade, which is $51,630 for the GS-09 and $62,467 for the GS-11.
* United States Citizen
* More than one position may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
* A background investigation is required for all Federal employees.
* Must meet specialized experience requirements (See Qualifications)
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Office of the Assistant CFO for Budget, Administrative Expenses Division. The Division has the primary responsibility for overall budget functions relating to the Department’s administrative expenses appropriations/funds (Salaries and Expenses (S&E), Office of Inspector General, and Working Capital Fund). The Division manages or assures the proper management of administrative expenses, including the observances of legislative or administrative limitations on the use of such funds; and provides for and administers the Department’s system of administrative controls of funds. The Division submits requests for apportionment and reapportionment of administrative expenses funds to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB); makes allotments of funds to appropriate Program Offices; and issues staff ceilings and monitors staff usage for all elements. The Division reviews, analyzes, and evaluates financial and operational reports, prepares analytical comments and reports for the Department with respect to meeting budgetary objectives, and advises on budget and fiscal implications of current and developing trends. The Division also reviews, analyzes, evaluates and enhances legislative proposals and proposed regulations based on their programmatic, budgetary, and financial implications.
The incumbent will perform a variety of assignments, some of a developmental nature, such as:
· Performs a variety of budget analysis functions in assigned areas.
· Work may be performed in any segment of the normal range of budget administration including budget formulation, budget presentation-enactment, or budget execution.
· Assists in the preparation of budget estimates and justifications.
· Interprets OMB directives and circulars.
· Maintains the Departmental budget formulation and execution systems.
· Provides information and advice to program managers.
· Reviews program office and office budget submissions for reasonableness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and guidelines.
· Monitors budget and recommend reprogramming of funds as needed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.