June 24, 2011 at 3:45 pm #133907
Job Title: Budget Analyst
Department: Department Of Agriculture
Agency: Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Job Announcement Number: NFCR-11-185
SALARY RANGE: $34,075.00 - $67,114.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, June 24, 2011 to Tuesday, July 05, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0560-05/09
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
DUTY LOCATIONS: 01 vacancies - Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
OCFO Financial Systems includes functions to:
* provide executive leadership and management vision to direct and implement corporate financial information and other delegated systems to OCFO.
* manage the completion of the Foundation Financial Information Systems general ledger compliant system
* ensure compliance with external mandates and enhance financial information dissemination and financial accountability
* implement a comprehensive data warehouse reporting tool which provides real-time access to key financial data
* implement corporate administrative systems strategy
* prepare consolidated financial statements in partnership with program mission areas and USDA Staff Offices
Organizational Location of Position: This position is located in the Customer Service Division (CSD) of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Associate Chief Financial Officer, Financial Systems (ACFO-FS).
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill additional similar vacancies within ACFO-FS.
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* Resume' and supporting documents (See "How to Apply")
* Background and/or Security Investigation required
* Travel and relocation expenses are not authorized
Uses a variety of budget processes, prepares budget estimates for large operating program areas. Consolidates estimates and prepares justification for a consolidated budget. Assists with the budget presentation by preparing assigned portions of justifications for a substantial segment of the agency budget. Identifies differences between proposed changes to operating programs and projected spending for those programs. Recommends actions to accommodate differences. Reviews and analyzes historical data and estimates, as well as current spending records and trends, for a budget that covers large operating programs or a functional area for an assigned area of an organization's financial program. Gathers and compiles materials concerning the operating budget for a large operating program or functional area of an organization's financial program for use in briefing top officials scheduled to appear before Congressional committees. Interprets general instructions with the call for the budget for distinct program areas or budgetary entities, such as a functional area, contract, fund sources, or agency budget line item. Reviews and enters data from a variety of sources into forms, reports, and schedules. Applicant will be required to serve as a Contracting Officer Technical Representative for the implementation of the USDA eTravel Implementation as well as existing eGovernment contract as such it required that knowledge of the airline industry is essential. At the lower graded levels, this is an interim position established to provide for a period of growth and development with a view towards full assumption of duties and responsibilities of the Budget Analyst, GS-0560-12.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.