August 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm #139553
Department: Department Of State
Agency: Department Of State
Job Announcement Number: AN420154
$105,211.00 - $136,771.00 /year
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 to Friday, December 23, 2011
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time Career/Career Conditional
Many vacancies - Washington, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
US Citizens and Status Candidates
This job announcement will be used to establish a standing inventory of eligible candidates to fill immediate and future vacancies within the Bureau of Resource Management, Department of State. If you are among the best qualified candidates, your resume will be referred to the hiring agency for up to 12 months.
A standing register is also being established for the GS-13 grade level. If you are interested in being considered at the GS-13 grade level, you must apply under vacancy announcement AN420195.
This position is located in the Office of State Programs, Operations, and Budget, Bureau of Resource Management (RM/BP), which is the department-level central budget office for State Department operations funds, including appropriations, related fees, and working capital funds. Recent State Department budget justifications produced by RM/BP can be viewed at: http://www.state.gov/s/d/rm/rls/statecbj/index.htm
The incumbent serves as a Budget Analyst and is responsible for the full range of budget activities at the department level, emphasizing formulation, justification, presentation, and execution for major programs or accounts, as well as participating in budget oversight activities, including conducting crosscutting or other resource studies, and determining derivative resource requirements, developing cost-benefit analyses and financing proposals, drafting procedures and instructions, and managing scarce resources to achieve policy goals and objectives.
Relocation expenses will not be paid by the hiring agency.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Suitability for Federal employment determined by background investigation.
- Must have relevant experience and/or education (see Qualifications).
- Incumbent may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Additional Duty Location Info:Many vacancies - Washington, DC
- Provides department-level expert advice and guidance on budgetary activities, including formulation, justification, presentation, and execution.
- Manages budget program initiatives, issues, or problems effecting program goals, objectives, resource requirements, budgetary policies, and legal considerations.
- Plans and prepares annual and multi-year budgets for program initiatives and activities in collaboration with program officials, for formal submission to OMB and Congress.
- Provides support in the submission of budget requests to higher budget-approving officials, including the preparation of briefing materials and recommending strategies for presentation to OMB and Congressional staff.
- Reviews, analyzes, and makes recommendations to budget execution plans and funding requests, such as reprogramming or allotments.
- Participates and/or manages the planning, development, testing and implementation of budget systems, programs and databases.
Qualifications and Evaluations
GS-14: Applicants must have one full year of experience (equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service) managing the formulation, presentation, and execution of a major agency or organization's budget; providing guidance to program managers in the development of budget estimates, resource allocations, workloads, and operational requirements; conducting analyses on budget plans and/or policies and recommending changes to meet program objectives and goals; identifying the financial implications of proposed policies, directives, regulations and strategies for an organization; and facilitating meetings with budget staff or managers to discuss budgetary issues and initiatives.
Education cannot be substituted for specialized experience at this level.
All qualification requirements must be met by midnight (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements (one year at the next lower grade level of this position) for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For 'All US Citizen' applicants: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of the following quality categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. The Highly Qualified category of candidates will be referred to the selecting official or manager for employment consideration. The category assignment is determined by the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position.
For 'Merit Promotion' eligible applicants: The top ranked candidates will be referred for employment consideration.
For 'Noncompetitive' eligible applicants: All eligible candidates will be referred for employment consideration.
To preview the Assessment Questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions
Benefits and Other Info
Veterans' Preference: If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit appropriate documentation (e.g., DD214, VA letter, etc.). For more information on veterans' preference, click on: http://www.usajobs.gov/veteranscenter.
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment, the veteran must 1) be a preference eligible; or 2) be a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. (you must submit DD214-member copy 4)
Career Transition Program: This program applies to Federal workers whose positions have been deemed 'surplus' or no longer needed, or an employee has been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must be rated 'well-qualified' or at a score of 85 and above. For information on how to apply and what documents to submit as an ICTAP eligible, go to: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#intro.
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: The following links contain information on the eligibility requirements to be considered under a noncompetitive appointing authority:
Selective Service: The Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that all male applicants born after 12/31/59 who are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, be registered or they are not eligible for appointment to this position. For further information concerning Selective Service requirements, please visit http://www.sss.gov/.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
Follow the prompts to complete the on-line assessment questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
If you cannot apply online, you will need to:
1) Print the instructions and questionnaire by clicking View Occupational Questionnaire.
2) Print the 1203FX form to record your responses to the questionnaire. Each page must contain your SSN and the VacancyAN420154
3) Fax the completed 1203FX (all 6 pages but do not include a Cover Page for this document) to: 1-478-757-3144.
4) Print the Fax Cover Page and include with any supporting documents you fax (e.g., resume, transcripts, veterans documentation, etc.) to the same fax number above.
Please do not complete steps 1-4 above if you are applying on-line.
Other Supporting Documents: (Only submit if applicable to you.)
- Responses to the Assessment Questionnaire
- VEOA documentation (e.g., Member Copy 4 of the DD-214)
Standard Form 50-Notification of Personnel Action (if you are a current or former Federal service employee)
Noncompetitive appointing authority documentation
All documents must be submitted by midnight (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this job opportunities announcement.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Mid-Atlantic Services Branch
Mid Atlantic Svc Branch Norfolk
Office of Personnel Management
200 Granby Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You will be notified of your status when the list of candidates has been referred to the hiring manager for employment consideration.
Application status may be viewed by accessing your Application Manager account at https://applicationmanager.gov/ and clicking on the vacancy identification number AN420154 to view your Application Package Status screen.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.