June 16, 2011 at 1:35 pm #133092
National Institutes of Health (NIH) /Dept of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Full-Time Position Available
This position in conjunction with the Deputy Branch Chief, Intramural Administrative Management Branch (IAMB), plans, coordinates and manages the budget of the Division of Intramural Research (DIR) / National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)/ National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
• 3 – 5 years of budget, finance or accounting experience or equivalent Graduate level education
• Dynamic personality with a high level of interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively and persuasively with all levels of an organization
• Proficient with Accounting software and IT applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel)
• Excellent writing skills
• Skill in querying data and applying both analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for a wide range of finance and budgetary issues
• Knowledge and utilization of quantitative analytical and statistical techniques
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize complex tasks
• Ability to manage and simultaneously coordinate high-priority short and long term projects
• Acts as a ‘Special Advisor’ to the Branch Chief and Deputy Branch Chief on all budget activities within the Division.
• Oversees all phases of the budget process to include formulation, presentation and execution.
• Responsible for assembling and finalizing the annual Division budget request which exceeds $120M per year.
• Assembles accurate financial data for presentation to management to make critical decisions. Organizes results of analyses into coherent written or graphical reports, and presentations, for use by management.
• Enhances and refines budget processes and procedures by evaluating and assessing current methods.
• Monitors and evaluates expenditure of account funds on behalf of the Scientific and Administrative Director.
• Develops methods and procedures to enhance the financial monitoring and management of Division- and Institute-supported programs; assists in development of operating guidelines.
• Utilizes various internal software applications to perform financial data queries and analysis and makes recommendations based on analysis.
• Conducts management reviews or audits of financial data and reports and provides appropriate summary conclusions; provides recommendations for corrective action if necessary.
• Maintains dialogue with peers and managers to ensure timely exchange of financial information.
• Initiates, coordinates, and implements special Division programs and projects.
Salary Range: Up to $89,000/year, depending on experience and/or education.
Please submit resume/CV to Ina Broadnax ([email protected]) or call 301-451-0892 for
June 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm #133096
June 16, 2011 at 3:12 pm #133094
Thank you, Melissa! I will post this announcement in the Budgeteers comment section very shortly. I’ll also email you the announcement so that you can distribute to your networks.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.