August 30, 2011 at 2:53 pm #139952
Job Title: Budget Analyst
Department: US General Services Administration
Agency: Public Buildings Service
Sub Agency: General Services Administration
Job Announcement Number: 1110030BPDE
SALARY RANGE: $50,628.00 – $79,628.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 to Monday, September 12, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0560-09/11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-time Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 11 1 vacancy – Seattle, WA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island) who reside in the Seattle, WA metropolitan area.
You may have heard GSA called ‘the government’s landlord’, but GSA is about more than just buildings…We’re a vehicle management and acquisition service…a real estate manager…an IT solutions provider…a global supply chain manager…and more! GSA provides innovative solutions for Federal agencies that include products, services, workspace, and expertise to build a more high-performing, efficient, sustainable, and transparent government for the American people. And, since our jobs are as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
As a Budget Analyst, you will be providing advice and recommendations on all aspects of assigned budget area to Service Center Directors, Division Directors, program officials and managers. You will participate in formulation, presentation and execution of the budget for assigned program areas and budget activities.
This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 1110059BPMP under Merit Promotion regulations. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
* Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
* Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
* Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
* Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
* Flexible work schedules and telework
* Transit and child care subsidies
* Training and development
The position is located in the Public Building Service, Region 10, Seattle Metropolitan Service Center, Seattle, Washington.
* U.S. Citizenship or National
* Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
* Participates in formulation, presentation and execution of budget by forecasting funding needs using current and historical data.
* Analyzes financial data to produce funding reports and makes recommendations on the annual operating plan.
* Monitors expenditures for timeliness and to determine whether they meet approved budget allocations and regulatory controls.
* Prepares data summaries for inclusion in routine and special reports on budget execution.
* Reviews, analyzes, edits and consolidates budget estimates and requests for allowances ensuring accuracy in narratives for justification of appropriation.
* Provides advice and recommendations to senior officials and program offices on all aspects of assigned budget activities.
* Prepares resource requirements and program allocation distribution.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.