January 19, 2012 at 2:59 am #150062
To Provide leadership and management in fostering a dynamic and creative, mature applications development organization that prides itself on innovation. To foster innovation and creativity and bring a process and methodology to accelerate that mission.
- Manage and direct the operational environments to ensure efficient service to users by directing new software application implementations and upgrades for the City of Baltimore.
- Institutes structure, process and methodology and develop and implement policies for consistent structured application development process.
- Communicates and coordinates with other IT teams, business leadership, and project managers to ensure appropriate integration of processes and modules across the enterprise including application stability and data integrity.
- Oversees, defines and monitors critical path activities and resolves issues or escalates issues to the Deputy CIO as needed.
- Manages many software development and deployment projects and also acts as the service manager for production applications, managing all maintenance and software life.
- Directs the daily operations by monitoring, assigning, reviewing, approving and evaluating work of subordinates.
- Responsible for training, hiring, firing, disciplining, promotions, and performance management of subordinate staff.
- Plans and coordinates the operation, implementation and maintenance of City-wide Enterprise application systems of Baltimore City government, including the development of internet and intranet applications, Enterprise applications development, and design and technical support.
- Conducts client needs assessments and coordinates contract and vendor services related to enterprise application services.
- Monitoring implementation and upgrade schedules, allocating and scheduling staff, overseeing budgets and ensuring efficient day-to-day operation of the division.
- Provides overall direction and integration strategies for new and existing applications, develops business strategies and defines business requirements for the division.
- Leads development efforts for new application systems from inception to implementation and maintains and enhances existing applications. Oversees the planning, integration and maintenance of hardware and software for supporting client server applications for City user-agencies.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties at various management levels concerning application development, scheduling of project phases, and related application service projects.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Reporting Tools and Databases such as MS SQL/SVR, MS-SQL Reporting Services, Oracle, Business Objects, Hyperion, COBOL, SAS, and/or other tools applicable for public sector and large organizations.
- Experience and knowledge in AGILE software development practices and SCRUM models.
- Knowledge with open-source tools such as Ruby Rails, Drupal, PHP, AJAX, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office Products including Access, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Extensive knowledge of business issues and processes as well as IT resources and enabling technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to research and implement strategies to streamline application processes with automated solutions.
- Ability to evaluate new applications to determine implementation impacts and issues.
- Ability to work closely with customers and staff to identify automated solutions to meet business needs, including directing the definition, development or acquisition, and implementation of automated systems to support the functional areas.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of management and administration.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related field and minimum of three years of professional experience in application development management.
An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be acceptable.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.