March 10, 2010 at 6:18 pm #94655
The City of Seattle is looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to lead the City’s Human Services Department. Reporting to the Mayor, the Director will represent and be accountable for the activities of the Human Service Department in support of its mission to connect people with resources and solutions during times of need. The Department provides direct services to Seattle residents and invests about $88 million per year in more than 230 community-based organizations. In addition, the Director has management oversight of an annual operating budget of $144 million and a staff of over 340 employees.
This position requires a leader committed to collaboration with community stakeholders in the delivery of human services essential to a strong and healthy community.
Qualities of a successful candidate for the position include:
* A strong leadership background with demonstrated success in public policy and program implementation; budgeting and financial management; operational oversight; human resource management; strategic planning and community development.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with stakeholders to effectively address a variety of issues in a culturally appropriate manner.
* An innovative and inspiring leader with a strong commitment to the human services profession.
* Decisive approach to leadership balanced with accessibility and a focus on culturally appropriate public engagement.
* At least ten years of senior management experience in public administration, nonprofit management or a related field.
* A Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field is preferred.
Salary range is $125 – 150,000 based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume summarizing your qualifications, along with the names and contact information of five references by April 9, 2010 to:
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
City of Seattle Personnel Department
ATTN: HSD Director Search
PO Box 34028
Seattle, WA 98124-4028
Electronic submission preferred
THE CITY OF SEATTLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.