June 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm #133112
The Bronx Borough Office seeks a planning technician with strong community engagement skills and the ability to communicate effectively about land use, urban design and transportation issues with a wide range of stakeholders. This grant funded position will last two years or until the end of service.
As part of a team of planners and urban designers, the City Planning Technician will:
- Develop a report of baseline conditions around selected Metro North Stations;
- Identify opportunity for improving station access and visibility;
- Generate graphics including maps and building massings;
- Assist with representing the department at meetings of civic, business and community groups,
- community boards, and public agencies;
- Assist in organizing a community outreach process including briefings, planning charrettes, and site tours;
- With assistance, facilitate community planning charrettes and public discussion of complex issues;
- Assist and contribute to production of presentations, documentation of existing conditions and community planning process;
- Working with other team members, coordinate with technical divisions of the department and
- other city agencies;
- Analyze land‐use and transportation planning recommendations for viability and consistency with citywide land use policies;
- Coordinate and contribute to production of final planning report;
- And perform other related tasks.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and experience in city planning, urban design, architecture or a related field. Graduate work leading to an advanced degree in city planning or related fields preferred.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with other divisions, city agencies, community boards, elected officials and applicants.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Familiarity with principals of urban design.
- Demonstrated competence in GIS (ArcGIS) software programs and three‐dimensional modeling (Google SketchUp) software programs.
- Demonstrated skills in computers including word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
To learn more about this opening, visit http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf/about/030110028.pdf
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.