July 20, 2011 at 12:02 am #136157
Jennifer K. SmithParticipantThe Arlington County Communications Office seeks a Communications Specialistto improve, update and maintain the County’s extensive web presence and provide communication support to include online/web communications, media relations, marketing and crisis communications, as well as general communications support. Join a great team in a great location (at a Metro stop)!Specific duties include:
This employee will be a member of the Countywide Communications Group and the Emergency Support Function (ESF) 15 – External Relations emergency management group.All applications must be submitted online, where you can also find details and selection criteria. Visit the job webpage online.
- Creating web designs and writing copy for website and social media channels, as well as updating the County website home page.
- Working collaboratively with County agencies to keep web content updated and accurate.
- Producing eNewsletters and multimedia communications and writing copy for Citizen, Insider and eNews newsletters.
- Using social media tools to promote programs/projects and share important incident/event news.
- Managing communications projects.
- Conducting usability tests to help implement web strategies and redesign efforts.
- Drafting internal communications for the County Manager and other County leadership.
- Developing talking points, fact sheets, e-boards, brochures and other publications to promote seasonal campaigns and new services/programs.
- Drafting press releases and media advisories.
- Participating in crisis communication activities, including on-scene and Emergency Operations Center .
- Responding to media inquiries and serving as the Communications Duty Officer for urgent after-hours support or during emergencies.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.