August 15, 2011 at 1:09 pm #138329
The Regional Transportation Authority (RTA), located in downtown Chicago, is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Manager, Community Relations.
Under the direction of the Deputy Executive Director for Government and Community Affairs, coordinates and oversees community outreach and advocacy. Primary responsibilities include coordinating events, speaking engagements, creating grassroots support for legislation and other community oriented goals to support the RTA agenda.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Informs, promotes and helps address issues pertaining to the design, construction and implementation of the RTA agenda;
- Plans and implements strategy and outreach programs;
- Coordinates and represents the RTA at community meetings;
- Provides verbal and written responses to concerns and inquiries from the community;
- Keeps abreast of issues and concerns by attending Board, Council and community meetings;
- Works closely with the Citizen’s Advisory Board;
- Manages public outreach meetings including RTA budget hearings, forums and other special events.
- Coordinates speaking engagements for senior RTA officials;
The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field with emphasis in the community outreach/public involvement or public policy fields, or equivalent work experience required.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience ideally in the transportation industry or with a public service agency required. Experience in a large transit organization or public agency and an existing strong outreach network in the public transit or regional planning fields and familiarity with key influencers are desirable. Strong decision-making and workload management skills, ability to exercise prudent independent judgment, budget management, excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
To learn more about this opening, visit http://careers.govtjobs.com/c/job.cfm?vnet=0&site_id=9366&t731=202981&jb=8448582
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.