March 13, 2012 at 4:58 pm #155953
The Continuous Improvement Manager at Prorate and Fuel Tax (PRFT) will be responsible for planning and coordinating business activities surrounding development and implementation of a new PRFT computer system, facilitating redesign of core business processes and their integration with the new system.
Under the direction of the Prorate and Fuel Tax Administrator the position will be responsible for collaborating with staff to create new processes that align with the new computer system. The position will team with the IS project manager and the vendor to lead project management and change management during development of the system. In addition, this position is responsible for successfully facilitating implementation of the new system through staff and stakeholder training, assisting staff with implementation issues, and overseeing some aspects of staff participation in testing. The position will also report project progress, implementation issues, and solutions to agency executive management.
This position plays a key role in promoting staff engagement through facilitating staff’s participation in the system and process improvement implementations. As part of the PRFT management team this person will also participate in operations and policy decisions on business processes and workflow. The position will develop and present improvement solutions to PRFT management team and review and recommend modifications to the PRFT business model.
Please ensure that your letter and work history clearly identify years of experience for each qualification.
Three years or more experience in the following:
- Facilitating technical and non-technical groups through business function analysis and development of process improvements.
- Creating formal written proposal of business process improvements following analysis of existing processes and soliciting input from staff
- Leading and engaging management and staff in making business process changes
- Planning and delivering technical training to users regarding new business processes and computer applications, including development of associated training materials.
- Performance leadership, data analysis, problem solving (people, organizational, technical, mentoring, and coaching
In addition to the qualifications listed above, preference may be granted to those whom also possess the following:
- Bachelors degree in public administration, business administration, engineering or information systems.
- Relevant professional certification in project management and/or business process engineering
- Demonstrated experience successfully engineering process improvements within an organization responsible for precise implementation of complex procedures and auditable financial activities.
- Public sector work in this area is a plus.
For more information, including how to apply, visit: http://careers.govtjobs.com/jobseeker/job/9742780/Continuous%20Improvement%20Manager/WA%20Dept%20of%20Licensing/?vnet=0&search_button=search.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.