February 7, 2011 at 8:50 pm #122437
This position is located in Office of Federal Grants Programs and serves as one of the key positions on the State Programs Team with responsibility for assisting in the grants implementation and management for State administered federal grants for District of Columbia Local Education Agencies and local schools.
The position reports directly to the Program Management Officer of the State Programs Branch and supports the day-to-day operations of the team.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years work experience required, with master’s degree and specific experience in grants management preferred.
- Ability to effectively implement, manage and close out grants
- Knowledge of the overall organizational structure and substantive subject-matter of the programs.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing; also skill in telephone technique and public relations.
- Knowledge of OMB circulars and regulatory guidelines governing the management of federal grants
- Ability to provide guidance on the preparation for and successful completion of Single Audits
- General understanding of developing Request for Proposals and rubric for evaluation of grant applications
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems, with experience in SOARS/SHARE preferred
- Ability to interpret and analyze budget and expenditure reporting
Serves as a Program Specialist with responsibility for various long and short-term grants implementation and management initiatives. Conducts ongoing performance audits of State managed grants. Reviews sub-grantee performance audits and provides input in the development of in-depth technical assistance needs of grant recipients. Additionally, position responsibilities include assisting the Program Management Officer with the development and implementation of State managed grant competitions
More specifically the incumbent performs the following:
- Assist the state evaluator in gathering necessary data for reporting needs
- Review the applications for grants for approval or denial.
- Tracks grant expenditures through SOAR/SHARE system
- Participate in the development of Request for Proposals
- Conduct pre and post awards conferences
- Serve as a steward regarding the compliance of programs to guidelines of awarded grant
- Will provide guidance to assist clients in successfully completing Single Audits
- Review and approve the request for disbursement of funds to grantees
- Provides guidance in the compilation of reports in compliance with federal and state reporting requirements
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.