June 28, 2011 at 7:23 pm #134107
details Policy Exchange is one of the UK’s most influential think-tanks, producing widely praised and highly influential pieces of research across the field of public policy. With over 30 members of staff, we are also one of the largest think-tanks in Europe.
The Digital Government Unit
The Digital Government Unit will be officially launched at a Digital Government Summit in late June. The Unit will address some of the most cutting edge and interesting issues in public policy today, considering how technology can be harnessed to help reform public services.
The newly launched Unit will cover the following five areas:
- Government effectiveness and efficiency: IT, analytics and data
- Transparency: public data, public services and economic growth
- Digital democracy: participative services, civic activism and public engagement
- Ethics: freedom, privacy and property online
- Foreign policy and cyber security
This vacancy provides an exceptional candidate with the ability to be involved in this cutting edge and increasingly important area.It presents a real opportunity to make a difference in an area of real and increasing importance. Day-to-day, the role will involve:
- Liaising with a diverse mix of politicians, policymakers, businesses, experts in the field, NGOs and academics to oversee the production of first class research
- Producing ideas for new projects
- Securing funding for our work
- Writing publications and articles
- Raising the media profile of our work; and
- Organising events and seminars
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A proven interest in technology and digital government, with a clear understanding of how technology can be used to transform public services. Ideally
- An ability to articulate a clear understanding of all five of the areas in which the Digital Government Unit will be working
- An interest in politics and the development of public policy, with a predisposition towards free market and localist policies
- A strong self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong writing style
- Strong academic credentials
- At least 2 years experience in a policy making environment, ideally with some experience of think-tanks
- Some experience of project management and the management of small teams
- Previous experience of either fund raising or grant making is useful, although this is not a prerequisite
Policy Exchange is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome diversity and appoint on merit.
closes 8th July 2011. However, we may appoint the role before this date if a suitable applicant is found. contact Please submit your Curriculum Vitae, along with a covering letter that explains your suitability, clearly stating which position you are applying for to [email protected] (no telephone calls please)
Please note that, due to the large amount of applications we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications.
website http://www.policyexchange.org.uk additional notes print me View an easy-print version of this ad http://www.w4mp.org/html/personnel/jobs/disp_job.asp?ref=29842
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.