June 26, 2011 at 10:23 pm #133944
Job Title: Digital Media Manager
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service
Job Announcement Number: CNS-11-059-491631
$74,872.00 – $97,500.00 /year
Thursday, June 16, 2011 to Thursday, July 07, 2011
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time Excepted Service Permanent
1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
US Citizens and Status Candidates
This position is located in the Office of External Affairs, Department of the Chief Executive Officer.
The Corporation for National and Community Service was established as a Federal agency in 1993 to engage Americans of all ages and backgrounds in community-based service. Together, its Senior Corps and AmeriCorps programs promote the ethic of service and help solve critical community problems in every state, many Indian tribes, and most U. S. territories. As a result, hundreds of thousands of Americans are joining forces to address community needs in education, homeland security, housing, health care, environmental protection, and disaster relief.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (Corporation) has an approved (by the Office of Personnel Management) civil service interchange agreement. The Corporation is an excepted service agency. Under the terms of the Interchange Agreement, permanent Corporation employees may be considered for appointment to positions in the competitive service in the same manner that employees of the competitive service are considered for transfer to such positions.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- A 2-year probationary period is required for new Federal service employees
- Merit Promotion applicants must submit a SF-50 to verify status and grade
Additional Duty Location Info:1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
As the Digital Media Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Builds, posts, maintains and modifies as needed, web sites and web pages from standard CNCS templates using HTML authoring tools and basic TCP/IP protocols, such as FTP.
- Creates and updates web graphics and multimedia elements for web pages; converts documents and publications for electronic dissemination in formats such as HTML and PDF. Develops easy-to-use navigation schemes and information architectures for web sites.
- Creates web site designs for CNCS internal and external audiences that optimize user experience, enhance content, and meets business and technical requirements and utilizes standards with regards to navigation, style sheets, general design, and 508 accessibility requirements.
- Reviews and publishes content. Assists in drafting and editing content. Ensures that content is fresh and presented appropriately.
- Works with content contributors and management to ensure quality and timeliness of content and conformance to guidelines.
- Helps manage the Content Management System (CMS) and other digital file systems.
- Monitors and analyzes web statistics and produces regular reports, including recommendations for enhancing the sites.
- Monitors and interprets federal content policy. Works with OIT and other agency offices to ensure that federal guidelines are met (i.e. compliance with Federal Web Guidelines).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.