Job- Director, Government Affairs Job -Booz Allen Hamilton

Home Forums Job Openings Job- Director, Government Affairs Job -Booz Allen Hamilton

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Andrea Baker 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Tarryn Reddy
    Participant

Director, Government Affairs

Description

Booz Allen is seeking an experienced professional to lead its Government Affairs Practice Group as the Director of Government Affairs. With responsibility for firm-wide government affairs matters, the Director of Government Affairs will have responsibility for a broad variety of activities, including analyzing the federal budget, providing advice and counsel to senior leaders and staff regarding compliance with all lobbying laws and regulations, and monitoring and evaluating legislative and executive branch actions to guide and contribute to the firm’s strategic goals, horizon scanning, investment decisions, and account planning. The Director of Government Affairs will also assist in representing Booz Allen on select trade associations (including the Professional Services Council and the National Defense Industrial Association), non-profits, and various trade association Boards. As a functional lead within the Booz Allen Law Department, the Director of Government Affairs will report to Booz Allen’s Vice President and Deputy General Counsel and then up to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel.

Qualifications

Bachelor’s degree and JD required

Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience

Minimum of five (5) years working in the government affairs area

Previous experience within the legislative branch or a corporate government affairs department is strongly preferred, including positions involving responsibilities for defense and national security issues or other substantive areas of Booz Allen’s portfolio

Extensive understanding of the legislative process, substantial experience with legislative and budgetary analyses, and deep familiarity with all ethics laws pertaining to lobbying, political activities, and interactions with the legislative and executive branches

Must also have strong written and oral communication skills

Integrating the full range of consulting capabilities, Booz Allen is the one firm that helps clients solve their toughest problems, working by their side to help them achieve their missions. Booz Allen is committed to delivering results that endure.

We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, M/F/D/V.

Job
    Operations and Facilities

Primary Location
    United States-Virginia-McLean

Travel
    No

Andrea Baker
    Participant

Oh now Booz posts something like this… this was what I was looking for with them when I was talking to some people during my recent career change. I’m with AIIM though now and its been 10 days and I love it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.